GREETINGS AND FELICITATION
- Christ is Risen! He is risen indeed! Halleluia!. We congratulate our parishioners, all our loved ones and other worshippers this morning on the celebration of Christ’s resurrection and our victory over Satan, Sin and the World. God will empower us with the Holy Spirit daily so that we can reflect Jesus Christ and His Victory and Joy in our lives always. We also pray that we shall live long in robust health, peace and prosperity to celebrate more of it in the years ahead in Jesus name.
- We welcome all our eminent guests with overwhelming joy and profound gratitude. We appeal to them to kindly wait to see the ‘WELCOME TEAM” after the service. They should please take the exit on the Lectern side and also fill the “First Times’ Form” and return it to the ‘WELCOME TEAM’. Please study our weekly Bulletin and attend our programmes and activities as enshrined therein. God bless you richly.
- We congratulate all BIRTHDAY CELEBRANTS of this week and felicitate with them. God Almighty will equip and anoint them to live long in sound health, renewed strength and peace, and they will all fulfil their divine mandate in Jesus name. Happy Birthday. Hurray and cheers!
- We congratulate all those whose children are getting married soon and assure them of our prayerful supports. Please prevail on the bride and members of her bridal train to ‘DRESS DECENTLY’ to the glory of God and also for their own dignity. ‘INDECENT DRESSING will be resisted. Sleeveless wedding gowns are not allowed, please. God bless.
- OUR WEEKLY ACTIVITIES: We are continuing with all these with renewed enthusiasm and passion after the celebration of Easter. We appeal to all our parishioners and other worshippers to show more interest and attend punctually. They are for our spiritual edification and total well-being. They are as follows:
- Daily Holy Communion @ 7.15 a.m. from Mondays to Fridays
- Hour of Divine Intervention on Wednesdays @ 6.00 p.m to 7.30 p.m.
- Bible Study on Fridays @ 3.00 p.m. – 4.30 p.m. & 6.00 p.m. – 7.30 p.m.
- Overcomer’s Hour – First Day of the month @ 6.30 a.m. to 7.00 a.m.
- Glorious Night – Last Fridays of the month @ 11.00 p.m. to 5.00 a.m.
- Workers’ Retreat – as the Vicar deems appropriate.
- THE NEEDS OF OUR PARISH: We thank all our members for your continual supports, generosity and personal sacrifice. Your labour of love will not be in vain. We appeal to our members to pray concerning the following items which are needed by the church and as led by the Holy Spirit to assist in donating them:
- Altar Cross (should be the latest with steps)
- Imported sets of chasubles for the use of the Priests, for the celebration of Holy Communion.
- Processional Cross for the Altar Servers (imported)
- Toyota buses (High roof & Medium room)
- Copies of Hymn Books
INFORMATION FROM THE DIOCESE
- THE FIRST SESSION OF THE 33RD SYNOD OF THE DIOCESE OF LAGOS: The 1st Session of the 33rd Synod of our great diocese will be holding by God’s grace from Sunday, 1st May, 2016 with the Opening Service at the Cathedral Church of Christ, Marina at 4.00 p.m. Synod meetings will hold in our church from Monday, 2nd May to Wednesday, 4th May, 2016 to start with Holy Communion Services/Mattins at 8.00 a.m. daily. The Clergy Conference will hold on Thursday, 5th May, 2016 at 9.00 a.m.
We solicit for the prayers of the faithful for the Diocesan and President of the Synod, The Most Revd Dr. E. A. Ademowo, OON, FNAL, Ph.D, all other members of the Synod and also for a wonderful and resounding successful synod session.
- THE ANNUNCIATION OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY: This annual Holy Communion Thanksgiving Service to commemorate the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary will be holding in our church by God’s grace tomorrow, Monday, 4th April, 2016 at 1.00 p.m. His Grace, The Most Revd Dr. E. A. Ademowo, OON, FNAL, Ph.D, will preside over it to be assisted by all the Archdeacons of the Diocese, Mama Lagos, all Clergywives and the entire women of the diocese will be in attendance.
- BURIAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR VEN. N.N. EZEDIARO:-
- Service of Songs at St. John’s Church, Falomo on Monday, 11th April, 2016 at 5.00 p.m.
- Commendation Service at St. John’s Church, Falomo on Wednesday, 20th April, 2016 at 9.00 a.m.
- Funeral Service at the Cathedral Church of St. Mary Magdalene, Oguta, Imo State on Saturday, 23rd April, 2016 at 11.00 a.m.
- Outing Service at the Cathedral Church of St. Mary Magdalene, Oguta, Imo State on Sunday, 24th April, 2016 at 9.00 a.m.
We appeal to all who can make it to kindly attend. May the soul of the faithful departed rest in perfect peace.
WOMEN’S & GIRLS’ ORGANIZATIONS
- IKOYI ARCHDEACONRY WOMEN’S QUARTERLY MEETING will hold on Sunday, 10th April, 2016 at First Fruit Anglican Church, Dolphin Estate at 10.00 a.m. The topic of discussion is “To live in Christ’ – Philippians 1: 21. Dress code: White & Green.
- REGISTRATION FOR 2016 MOTHERS’ UNION ENROLMENT:– Members willing to enrol into Mothers’ Union for the year 2016 should please put down their names and telephone nos. with the Vicar’s wife (Mrs. F. Oyediran) or with the Admin. Manager today or within the week.
- MOTHERS’ UNION & WOMEN’S GUILD ANNUAL DUES:- Members of the Mothers’ Union & Women’s Guild are hereby reminded of the payment `of their annual dues to any of the clergy wives today or within the week.
- SACRIFICE CARDS: We appeal to all the women to please key into this. Some are not paying, we appeal to them to start paying. The reward is unquantifiable as the women organize prayer for those who pay every week. We also plead with men to also join in the payment because it is for the entire church. It is only being championed and coordinated by the women.
- PARISH CHARITY DAY:– The Charity Day for the needy within our environment would come up on the 21st May, 2016 at 10.a.m. We appeal for donations in cash and kind. Items needed include: Food stuff (Rice, beans, yam, noodles, vegetable oil, provisions etc); new and fairly used clothings, kitchen utensils etc. These items should be deposited with the Vicar’s wife, any of the Curates’ wives or at the Church Administrative Office. May God bless you as you do so. Amen.
- WIDOWS’ WELFARE FUND: Kindly donate towards the Fund established to assist the widows of this church and God would visit you and all yours.
- WOMEN’S GUILD MEETING/TALK: Date: Wednesday, 30th March, 2016 – Visitation/Revival. Time: 00p.m. May you be richly blessed as you attend.
OTHER INFORMATION FROM OUR PARISH
- NAMES OF THE 2016/2018 HARVEST COMMITTEE: We thank God for the lives of the following members of our church for their contributions in various ways in the past. God has convinced us that He will be using them as Chairman and members of the Harvest Committee of our Church in the next three years. We congratulate them and commend them to the entire congregation for your prayers and maximum cooperation and support to ensure their resounding success. They are; 1. Sir Olu & Lady Adejoke Okeowo – Chairman & Wife 2. Dr. (Mrs.) Furo Weli 3. Mr. Yinka Ogunleye 4. Mr. Ben Ikeakor 5. Mr. John Momoh 6. Dr. Geoffrey C. Ohen Jnr. 7. Chief Bayo Sarumi 8. Justice (Mrs.) Adedayo Oyebanji 9. Mrs. Funke Adesuyi 10. Sir. Stanley Amuchie 11. Arc. Charles Majoroh 12. Rev. Canon Festus Ajayi – Vicar’s Representative 13. Mr. Michael Ipadeola – Administrative Manager
There will be no sub-committees and they will relate directly with the Parish Church Council through the Vicar. The Lord will watch over and empower them with the heavenly wisdom in Jesus name.
- THE BUSINESS FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME FROM APRIL TO JUNE, 2016: 04/04/2016 – Breakthrough Fellowship (Text. Gen. 26: 12-14). Intercessor: Canon John Nriama. Time: 6-8 p.m.; Saturday, 16/04/2016. Time: 9 a.m. to 12 Noon; Breakfast Fellowship (Building & Maintenance) Speaker: Builder Felix Fadamiro; May 2nd – May 23, 2016 (every Monday Entrepreneurship Development Programme (Linking HR to your business) Facilitator: Toki Mabogunje & Co. ; Monday, June 9, 2016. Time: 6-8 p.m. Breakthrough Fellowship (Ezekiel 37: 1-10), Intercessor: Canon Festus Ajayi.
- APPRECIATION FROM THE HOSPITAL VISITING MINISTRY/CHURCH CLINIC: The members of the Hospital Visiting Ministry/Church Clinic say a BIG THANK YOU to all members of the church, for your support (both in kind and cash) towards the success of this year’s Easter Cake Sales last Sunday and pray that God will reward you all abundantly in Jesus name.
- Literature and Publications Committee: “The Literature and Publications Committee welcomes articles, jokes, riddles, cartoons and other content for the June 2016 edition of Good Tidings Magazine. Advertisements are also welcome. Please send soft copies of all items to email@example.com.
- Information from the Vicar’s Warden: The following members or their representative should please see the Vicar’s Warden today for an information: Mrs. Uchenna R. Obodoekwe, Nnaemeka Okwodu, Adeyinka Modupe Olayinka, Diane O. Nwabueze, Eka Victor and Maria, Progress Azubike Akujobi, Goddie N. Anazodo and Kosch Ventures Ltd.
- BANNS OF MARRIAGE: We announce the banns of marriage between:
- Adaobi Jennifer Iloakasia & Afamefuna Okay Udoye,
- Chioma Roseline Ebere Okonkwo & Eze Ihemba Amuchie; for the Third time.
Any impediment should please, be forwarded to the Vicar.
OUR PARISH YOUTH
- Plans are on to constitute an adhoc-committee to help secure jobs for our teaming youths. This committee will hold meetings and distribute the C.V and photocopies of credentials of our youths and consciously assist in securing jobs for them. The Vicar is prayerfully making consultations in this regard. Please, let us help to secure a good future for our youths who are the hope of our church in the future. Interested members should feel free to discuss with the Vicar. God bless.
- The Easter Youth Camp comes up this week at Faith Plaza from 5th– 7th April, 2016. Kindly put down your name with the EXCOs after service if you are All registered persons should be in church on Tuesday, 5th April, 2016 at 11am.
- Some of our youths’ academic qualifications are listed below for assistance on job opportunities.
FUNERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS & ARRANGEMENTS
- We share in the pains of Mr. & Mrs. Goodie Ibru & the entire Ibru family on the call to glory of Olorogun Senator Felix Ovuodoroye Ibru, CON on Saturday, 12th March, 2016. Aged: 80 years. He was the first Executive Governor of Delta State and Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Funeral arrangements to be announced later.
- Arc. Emeka Eze – Friday, 8th April, 2016 – Funeral Service at Ezegwara family compound, Okwu Umueze Village, Uga Town, Aguata L.G.A, Anambra State at 10.00 a.m.
- Mr. Joseph Chukwujindu (father of Mr. Emeka Chukwujindu of the choir): Burial on 11th & 12th April, 2016 at his compound, Azigbo, Nnewi South L.G.A, Anambra State.
- Mrs Felicia Bolaji Kuforiji (nee Ogun) [mother of Mrs. Ronke Akindele]: Tuesday, 5th April, 2016 – Service of Songs at her residence, Flat 3 Block 46, Ijaiye Medium Income Housing Estate Phase 1, Ijaiye Road, Ogba; Wednesday, 6th April, 2016 – Christian Wake at her residence at 5.00 p.m.; Thursday, 7th April, 2016 – Funeral service at Church of the Ascension, Omodara Street, Opebi at 10.00 a.m. Interment at Ebony Vaults & Gardens, Alagbon Close, Ikoyi.
- Engr. Emmanuel Olubukunola Olowo-Okere – Service of Songs on Wednesday, 27th April, 2016 at Our Saviour’s Church Hall. Time: 5.00 p.m.; Thursday, 28th April, 2016 – Commendation Service at OSC, TBS, Lagos at 9.00 a.m.
- Dr. Uriah Angulu (father of Mrs. Amina Tswanya, brother to Mrs. Millicent Jibowu & Uncle to Messrs. Remi Jibowu & Audu Angulu) – Tuesday, 5th April, 2016 – Service of Songs at Cathedral Church of the Advent, Gwarimpa, Abuja at 5 p.m.; Thursday 7th April, 2016 – Commendation Service at same venue at 8 a.m.; Christian wake the same day at Cathedral Church of St. John, Bida at 5 p.m.; Friday, 8th April, 2016 – Funeral Service at same venue at 11 a.m.