GREETINGS AND FELICITATION
- Christ is Risen! He is risen indeed! Halleluia!. We congratulate our parishioners, all our loved ones and other worshippers this morning on the celebration of Christ’s resurrection and our victory over Satan, Sin and the World. God will empower us with the Holy Spirit daily so that we can reflect Jesus Christ and His Victory and Joy in our lives always. We also pray that we shall live long in robust health, peace and prosperity to celebrate more of it in the years ahead in Jesus name.
- We welcome all our eminent guests with overwhelming joy and profound gratitude. We appeal to them to kindly wait to see the ‘WELCOME TEAM” after the service. They should please take the exit on the Lectern side and also fill the “First Times’ Form” and return it to the ‘WELCOME TEAM’. Please study our weekly Bulletin and attend our programmes and activities as enshrined therein. God bless you richly.
- We congratulate all BIRTHDAY CELEBRANTS of this week and felicitate with them. God Almighty will equip and anoint them to live long in sound health, renewed strength and peace, and they will all fulfil their divine mandate in Jesus name. Happy Birthday. Hurray and cheers!
- We congratulate all those whose children are getting married soon and assure them of our prayerful supports. Please prevail on the bride and members of her bridal train to ‘DRESS DECENTLY’ to the glory of God and also for their own dignity. ‘INDECENT DRESSING will be resisted. Sleeveless wedding gowns are not allowed, please. God bless.
- OUR WEEKLY ACTIVITIES: We are continuing with all these with renewed enthusiasm and passion after the celebration of Easter. We appeal to all our parishioners and other worshippers to show more interest and attend punctually. They are for our spiritual edification and total well-being. They are as follows:
- Daily Holy Communion @ 7.15 a.m. from Mondays to Fridays
- Hour of Divine Intervention on Wednesdays @ 6.00 p.m to 7.30 p.m.
- Bible Study on Fridays @ 3.00 p.m. – 4.30 p.m. & 6.00 p.m. – 7.30 p.m.
- Overcomer’s Hour – First Day of the month @ 6.30 a.m. to 7.00 a.m.
- Glorious Night – Last Fridays of the month @ 11.00 p.m. to 5.00 a.m.
- Workers’ Retreat – as the Vicar deems appropriate.
- THE NEEDS OF OUR PARISH: We thank all our members for your continual supports, generousity and personal sacrifice. Your labour of love will not be in vain. We appeal to our members to pray concerning the following items which are needed by the church and as led by the Holy Spirit to assist in donating them:
- Altar Cross (should be the latest with steps)
- Imported sets of chassubles for the use of the Priests, for the celebration of Holy Communion.
- Processional Cross for the Altar Servers (imported)
- Toyota buses (High roof & Medium room)
- Copies of Hymn Books
INFORMATION FROM THE DIOCESE
- THE FIRST SESSION OF THE 33RD SYNOD OF THE DIOCESE OF LAGOS: The 1st Session of the 33rd Synod of our great diocese will be holding by God’s grace from Sunday, 1st May, 2016 with the Opening Service at the Cathedral Church of Christ, Marina at 4.00 p.m. Synod meetings will hold in our church from Monday, 2nd May to Wednesday, 4th May, 2016 to start with Holy Communion Services/Mattins at 8.00 a.m. daily. The Clergy Conference will hold on Thursday, 5th May, 2016 at 9.00 a.m.
We bespeak for the prayers of the faithful for the Diocesan and President of the Synod, The Most Revd Dr. E. A. Ademowo, OON, FNAL, Ph.D, all other members of the Synod and also for a wonderful and resounding successful synod session.
- BURIAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR VEN. N.N. EZEDIARO:
- Commendation Service at St. John’s Church, Falomo on Wednesday, 20th April, 2016 at 9.00 a.m.
- Funeral Service at the Cathedral Church of St. Mary Magdalene, Oguta, Imo State on Saturday, 23rd April, 2016 at 11.00 a.m.
- Outing Service at the Cathedral Church of St. Mary Magdalene, Oguta, Imo State on Sunday, 24th April, 2016 at 9.00 a.m.
We appeal to all who can make it to kindly attend. May the soul of the faithful departed rest in perfect peace.
WOMEN’S & GIRLS’ ORGANIZATIONS
- REGISTRATION FOR 2016 MOTHERS’ UNION ENROLMENT:– Members willing to enrol into Mothers’ Union for the year 2016 should please put down their names and telephone nos. with the Vicar’s wife (Mrs. F. Oyediran) or with the Admin. Manager today or within the week.
- MOTHERS’ UNION & WOMEN’S GUILD ANNUAL DUES:- Members of the Mothers’ Union & Women’s Guild are hereby reminded of the payment `of their annual dues to any of the clergy wives today or within the week.
- SACRIFICE CARDS: We appeal to all the women to please key into this. Some are not paying, we appeal to them to start paying. The reward is unquantifiable as the women organize prayer for those who pay every week. We also plead with men to also join in the payment because it is for the entire church. It is only being championed and coordinated by the women.
- PARISH CHARITY DAY:– The Charity Day for the needy within our environment would come up on the 21st May, 2016 at 10.a.m. We appeal for donations in cash and kind. Items needed include: Food stuff (Rice, beans, yam, noodles, vegetable oil, provisions etc); new and fairly used clothings, kitchen utensils etc. These items should be deposited with the Vicar’s wife, any of the Curates’ wives or at the Church Administrative Office. May God bless you as you do so. Amen.
- WOMEN’S GUILD MEETING/TALK: Date: Wednesday, 20th April, 2016 – Health Talk on “Gangrene” by ‘Segun Fadiran. Time: 4.00p.m. May you be richly blessed as you attend.
- IKOYI ARCHDEACONRY CLERGYWIVES FELLOWSHIP:- Date: Today, 17th April, 2016 at Our Saviour’s Church Chapel. Time: 00 p.m. Topic: “God’s help is supreme” (Isaiah 41: 14). Speaker: Mrs. V. Osinupebi.
- YOUNG WIVES’ FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME: Date: Today, 17th April, 2016 immediately after the 8 a.m. service. Topic: “Working mothers’ impact on children” Speaker: Justice (Mrs) Dayo Oyebanji Venue: Chapel Extension.
- WIDOWS’ WELFARE FUND: Kindly donate towards the Fund established to assist the widows of this church and God would visit you and all yours.
OTHER INFORMATION FROM OUR PARISH
- 2016 ROGATION/HARVEST LAUNCH: Our Rogation Service to mark the beginning of Harvest Season for this year comes up on Sunday, 1st May, 2016. We shall all use the day to celebrate the goodness of God in the lives of our Chief Planters. It affords all of us the rare privilege of sowing our seeds in preparation for bumper harvest towards the end of the year. We appeal that we all prayerfully prepare for it and also come with what represents our businesses, professions, careers or other human endeavours for prayers as a point of contact. A vigil will hold on Friday, 29th April, 2016 prior to the Rogation Sunday. Members of the Men’s Christian Fellowship would be the major supporters while other church members would equally sow their seeds to the Lord.
- REQUEST FOR ADVERTISEMENT IN THE ROGATION SERVICE PROGRAMME: The Harvest Committee hereby solicits for advertisements in the Service Programme of our forthcoming Rogation Sunday. The advert rates are as follows: Outside Back Cover – N350,000.00; Inside Back Cover – N250,000.00; Inside Front Cover – N250,000.00; Inside Full Page – N100,000.00; Inside Half Page – N50,000.00 and Inside Quarter Page – N30,000 (All in full colour). Kindly liaise with either the Manager or any of the Harvest Committee members, for details.
- FAMILY HARVEST will be relaunched this year and it will start on Sunday, 8th May, 2016 at our two services. God expects each family to appear before Him once a year for thanksgiving and re-dedication. As families, it is important to give thanks in appreciation of His faithfulness and goodness to us and to also rededicate and recommit all members of our families to Him for safe-keeping, provision, defence, sustenance, preservation, good health, victory and joy. Please note that all members of the Church are expected to celebrate there annual Family Harvests. This could be done around there birthdays, family re-union, children graduation & special occasions, kindly call the attention of the Admin. Manager for details.
- THE CHURCH’S SECOND QUARTER REVIVAL:- The Church’s second quarter REVIVAL comes up on Sunday, April 24 to Wednesday, April 27, 2016. The theme is ‘The Hope of Glory” (Colossians 1: 27) and ministering is Prof. Duro Adegboye. Time is 8.00 a.m. and 11.00 a.m. on Sunday, and 5.00 p.m. daily on Monday – Wednesday. We appeal to the Praise Band to be present to lift up our souls in praise and worship. Beloved, the Lord is awaiting you to bless you, please do not come alone, invite your family members and friends.
- The Business Fellowship cordially invites you to it’s 2016 Entrepreneurship Development Program for 4 Mondays in May, Venue-Chapel, Time: 6-8pm: Sponsor/Facilitator: Toki Mabogunje & Co. Admission is free. Aim is to equip participants with knowledge and skills in Human Resources that are vital to the success of their businesses.
- Mon 9th May 2016, Topic: Linking HR to your Business, Speaker: Mrs Ojo Ibile – Principal Partner, T.M & Co
- Mon 16th May 2016, Topic: Using the SME Tool Kit to develop HR documentation and processes. Speaker: Mr. Ade Laja- Principal Partner, T.M & Co
- Mon 23rd May 2016, Topic: Retaining Your Talent (Employees), Speaker: Mrs Toki Mabogunje. Consultant, MD/CEO TOKI MABOGUNJE & CO
- Mon 30th May 2016, Topic: Open Forum to discuss HR, Coordinator/Speaker: Mrs Toki Mabogunje, Consultant, MD/CEO TOKI MABOGUNJE & CO
We humbly request for donation of a Laptop, Projector and Screen to enhance the success of our programmes.
- Literature and Publications Committee: “The Literature and Publications Committee welcomes articles, jokes, riddles, cartoons and other content for the June 2016 edition of Good Tidings Magazine. Advertisements are also welcome. Please send soft copies of all items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- APPRECIATION FROM MS NKEM AHAIBE:- Ms Nkem Ahaibe appreciate the Vicar and his wife, the Curates and their wives, members of Hospital Visiting Ministry/Church Clinic, and the congregation for your full support, prayer and presence at the funeral ceremony of my mother, Late Mrs. Mercy O. Ahaibe. May God replenish your purse and you will all grow to old age in Jesus name.
- BANNS OF MARRIAGE: We announce the banns of marriage between:
- Miss Ifunanya Miriam Onwujuba & Squadron Leader Maxine Kenechukwu Obiefuna Mokelu
- Joy Uche Ada Okebugwu & Nwachukwu Chidi Uzodinma;
for the First time. Any impediment should please, be forwarded to the Vicar.
OUR PARISH YOUTH
- Plans are on to constitute an adhoc-committee to help secure jobs for our teaming youths. This committee will hold meetings and distribute the C.V and photocopies of credentials of our youths and consciously assist in securing jobs for them. The Vicar is prayerfully making consultations in this regard. Please, let us help to secure a good future for our youths who are the hope of our church in the future. Interested members should feel free to discuss with the Vicar. God bless.
- Some of our youths’ academic qualifications are listed below for assistance on job opportunities.
FUNERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS & ARRANGEMENTS
We share in the pains of :
- Mrs. Chinwe Egbuchunam on the call to glory of her cousin – Mrs. Juliana Obiageli Anako (nee Oguagha) Aged: 62 years. She was called to glory on 8th April, 2016 in Connecticut, USA. Funeral arrangement to be announced later.
- Hon. Frank & Mrs. Nneka Uchefuna on the call to glory of their mother-in-law and mother respectively – Mrs. Esther Mejulu on 14th April, 2016. Aged: 62 years. Burial arrangements will be announced later.
- Engr. Emmanuel Olubukunola Olowo-Okere – Service of Songs on Wednesday, 27th April, 2016 at Our Saviour’s Church Hall. Time: 5.00 p.m.; Thursday, 28th April, 2016 – Commendation Service at OSC, TBS, Lagos at 9.00 a.m.; Friday, 29th April, 2016 – Funeral Service at St. Peter’s Ang. Church, Ilesha, Osun State at 11.00 a.m.