- WELCOME- We heartily welcome you all who are worshipping God along with us today for the first time and pray that His love would be extended to you and members of your families. Kindly complete the form given to you and hand it over to the members of the church’s WELCOME TEAM who will meet with you at the CHOIR OFFICE point immediately after the service. Kindly join them through the Exit by the Lectern side of the church.
- DAILY HOLY COMMUNION SERVICE: – Please join us at 7.15 a.m. each day in the Chapel. God bless you.
- 3. CONFIRMATION CLASS: Confirmation class immediately after the 1100Hrs Service today. Confirmation Service will take place on Sunday, 18th October, 2015 at 9 a.
- COMMUNITY HYMNS SINGING FOR AUGUST BABES: We rejoice with all the APRIL Babes as they mark their month today during our Community Hymns Singing at 6.00 p.m. Please come with your friends and family members. May His abundant blessings be upon you as you turn-up for the service.
- MISSION SEED ENVELOPES: You are invited to help empower His Grace, our Diocesan Bishop to help needy parishes and the mission fields in the diocese, within and outside the country by contributing at least One thousand Naira monthly towards the Mission Seed Project. Mission Seed is collected every first Sunday of the month, but you could also pay during the week. Please collect and use a set of envelopes to help you pay regularly and God will bless you abundantly.
- TITHE ENVELOPES: God has asked you to obey Him by bringing in the FULL tithes into His storehouse and put Him to test if He will not rain blessings on you. To help you do this, the church has provided envelopes for regular tithing. Please collect yours from the Guild of Stewards. The Lord will bless you with His abundance as you obey Him. Tithes will be collected TODAY and on every third Sunday of the month. Please note that you can continue to pay your tithe at any other time of the week or make a direct transfer to the Church’s Bank account.
- EDUCATION COMMITTEE:- Applications are invited from members/members’ children for consideration for scholarship for tertiary Education at any Public Institution in Nigeria. Applicants must have admission and the necessary qualifications. Submit applications to Administrative Office.
- BUSINESS FELLOWSHIP’S 2015 MARKET FAIR, EXHIBITION AND BUSINESS DIRECTORY:- The Business Fellowship invites members of the church to showcase their products/services at its 2015 Market Fair. Exhibition and launching of Business Directory would hold on Saturday 24th October 2015 between 9am and 6pm at the Church Hall to mark her 16th Anniversary with business talk on raising funds for SMES.
- EXHIBITION RATE: 8ft by 8ft/ two hall tables arranged at 900 with entrance & 2 chairs
- Stage stand – N15,000 B. Floor stand – N10,000 C. Gallery Stand – N5,000
- Outside within the fence 4ft by 4ft/ one round plastic table and a chair – N2,000.
For details, and advert rates please contact the Church Admin Manager or Chairperson on 08034091536, the Secretary on 08023011943 or Treasurer – 08069545405.
Please note that it’s on a first come first serve basis. Please come and you will be richly blessed.
- 9. GLORIOUS OUTING WITH THE DIOCESAN, DIOCESAN YOUTHS’ PRAISE NIGHT & YOUTH THANKSGIVING/CHRISTMAS CAROL SERVICE:
Programme 1: Glorious Outing with the Diocesan – Date: Saturday, 10th October, 2015 Venue: Church of the Resurrection, 1004 Estate, V.I. TIme: 11.00am. Programme 2: Praise Explosion Date: Friday, 13th December, 2015 Venue: Our Saviour’s Church, T.B.S. TIme: 10.00pm.
Programme 3: Youth Thanksgiving/ Christmas Carol Service Date: Sunday, 13th December, 2015 Venue: St. Paul’s Anglican Church, Ojoku Time: 3.00pm.
- MOTHERS’ UNION & WOMEN’S GUILD ANNUAL DUES:– Members of the Mothers’ Union & Women’s Guild are hereby reminded of the payment of their annual dues to any of the clergy wives today or within the week.
- A MEMBER’S APPEAL FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE:
RE: DAUGTHER’S KIDNEY SURGERY: A member is hereby appealing for your support/generous donation towards the treatment of her daughter who developed RENAL TUMOUR shortly after caesarean section for her first delivery. The treatment was first carried out last year through your generous donations but suddenly her condition deteriorated and she needs to return to India as soon as money is available. The estimated cost of treatment is N5m (Five million naira). Kindly, write your cheque in favour of ‘OUR SAVIOUR’S CHURCH, LAGOS’ and at the back ‘RENAL TUMOUR PATIENT’ or make your transfer to the Church Account with the same title that is, ‘Renal Tumour Patient’. May God bless you as you give your support towards saving this life.
- MOTHERS’ UNION MEETING/TALK: Date: Tuesday, 18th August, 2015 TIme: 4.00p.m Topic: Hernia. Speaker: Dr. Segun Fadiran.
(2) Contemporary Issue on: ‘You are Unique’ Speaker: Dr. (Mrs.) Sola Dublin-Green. Come and you will be richly blessed.
- WOMEN’S GUILD MEETING/HEALTH TALK: Date: Wednesday, 19th August, 2015 TIme: 4.00p.m Topic: Hernia Speaker: Dr. Segun Fadiran
- ZONE C WOMEN OF GRACE WORKSHOP: Date: Saturday, August 22. 2015 Time: 10.00 a.m.
- CLASSES FOR MOTHERS’ UNION ENROLMENT:- The class for 2015 Mothers’ Union Enrolment holds today, immediately after the service at the Chapel Extension. Members should please be punctual.
- YOUNG WIVES’ FELLOWSHIP MEETING:- Members of the Young Wives’ Fellowship would meet immediately after the first service today at the Chapel Extension. Those concerned should please note and attend promptly.
- BUSINESS FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME: Programme – Business Talk: Date: Monday, 17th August, 2015. Time: 6-8 p.m. Venue: Chapel. Theme: ‘’Beyond Oil’ Topic: ‘You can be a farmer’. Speaker: Mr. Seun Emmanuel Daniel. Please come and you will be richly blessed.
- DONATIONS TO CHURCH MADE EASY: To facilitate paying our Tithes, offerings and other donations, the following have been put in place:
(a) A PAYMENT POINT has been created near the Archbishop Adetiloye Conference Room. A cashier is available at the point on Sundays immediately after each service and on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Should you get there after the cashier had left, you should please call 08075792685 and you would be attended to.
(b) DIRECT PAYMENT can be made by NEFT, etc into Zenith Bank Acct.
No: 1012760579 with sort code No: 057150107. Please specify the purpose such as Tithes, Harvest pledges, Mission Seed, Clergy Pension, etc. and also inform the Church’s accountant on 08075792685.
(c) Payments can also be made in the UK to Union Bank UK Plc, Our Saviour’s Church, TBS, Lagos Account No:01629800; IBAN – 10UBUK235797016 29800.
- COMPULSORY PRE-MARRIAGE COUNSELLING: Please note that the pre-marriage counselling has started. The purpose of Counselling is to prepare our children on how to establish and maintain harmony in their marriages. The programme is intensive and will take minimum of 12 weeks.
Every potential couple should take note and avail themselves of this golden opportunity. Parents should also note that this should be the first step in preparation for their children’s wedding. We expect all the “about to be married” members to take note! Clearance will not be given for wedding until the course is completed.
- NOTE OUR PRIESTS’ TELEPHONE NUMBERS FOR PRAYERS, COUNSELLING AND INFORMATION: Vicar – Ven S. Igein Isemede – 0803-306-8525, 08075790408; – Curates – The Revd Canon Clement B. Iwuoha – 0803-377-1356, 08075790554; The Revd Canon I. John Nriama – 0802-332– 4770, 0807- 5790549; The Revd Canon Festus Oluwole A. Ajayi – 0802- 367-7896, 0807-579-0572; The Revd Canon Folorunso OreOluwa Agbelusi -0803-573- 4830,0807- 5790516; The Revd Canon Akpoghene Okoro – 2-332-2236, 08075790681; The Rev Dr. Oluwaseun Adeyemi – 0806462530521.
- APPRECIATION FROM BETHESDA HOME: The Entire Board of Directors, Staff and Students of Bethesda Home for the Blind use this medium to appreciate your love and the support toward our welfare.
You have given us the courage that our disability is not inability by coming to our aid.
Our sincere prayer is that God will grant you unceasing joy; your source of income will never dry. The church will never lack anything good. “You will continue to be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, its leaf shall not wither, and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper” Psalm 1 verse 3.20.
- APPRECIATION – YOUTH COMMITTEE: The Chairperson, and members of the Youth Committee would like to appreciate our Vicar, Ven. S. Igein Isemede, the Clergy, PCC, Resource Persons, Church Security & other Security outfit, the Clinic, the Admin. Office, our donors and our dear parents for the success of the just concluded OSC 2015 Children /Youth Summer Workshop Programme. We could not have accomplished it without your support through prayers, donations, and releasing your children and wards to attend. God bless you and may the Good Lord reward you abundantly. Amen.
- APPRECIATION FROM THE FAMILY OF LATE MR FREDERICK NWASIMCHU ONWUBUYA :- The family of Late Mr. Frederick Nwasimchu Onwubuya express deep appreciation to the Vicar and his wife, the Curates and their wives, members of Men’s Christian Fellowship, and entire congregation of Our Saviour’s Church, TBS, Lagos, for your prayers, attendance and generous gifts towards the success of their father’s funeral ceremonies recently. May God bless you all.
- Banns of Marriage: We announce the Banns of Marriage between
(a) SOKEIPIRIYE OYIBO & SULUMOKE ONUEKWUSI, for the third time.
(b) OLUWAKAYODE ODUBELA & RITA TITILAYO ADENIYI, for the first time. Any impediment should be forwarded to the Vicar, please.
- Funeral arrangement for Pa Amos Adeloye Agbelusi are as follows: Friday, 11th September, 2015 – Christian wake at 5.00 p.m.; Saturday, 12th September, 2015 – Funeral Service at 11.00 a.m. Venue of events: The Cathedral Church of St. Matthew, Ijebu-Jesa, Osun State.
- Funeral arrangement for MR JOSEPH N. OKEKE, CSP (Rtd) are as follows: Wednesday, 19th August, 2015 – Service of Songs at 5.00 p.m.; Thursday, 20th August, 2015 – Burial Service/Interment at 10.00 a.m. All at his residence, Umunnealam, Umudim, Nnewi, Anambra State.
- THE CATHEDRAL CHURCH OF ST. STEPHEN, ONDO: “The Lagos Zonal Harvest of the Cathedral Church of St. Stephen Oke-Aluko, Ondo. Date: Sunday, September 6, 2015, Venue: Bola Memorial Anglican Church, Bank Anthony Way, Ikeja Time: 2.00pm. You are richly blessed as you come.