GREETINGS AND FELICITATION
- Glory be to God who in His infinite mercy and grace preserved us throughout last year and has brought us to the beginning of a new year. We congratulate all our parishioners and other worshippers for the rare privilege of this brand new year. The Lord will shield and guide us to the end of it in Jesus name. We shall not experience any loss in our lives and families in Jesus name. God will add to us and fulfill His purpose in our lives and families in Jesus name.
- We welcome all the first timers and appreciate them for identifying with us at this service. Please fill the form given to you and wait to interact with the ‘WELCOME TEAM’ very briefly after the service. Take the exit on the Lectern side of the church and sit on any of the pews, and they will be with you shortly.
- We congratulate all those who celebrate birthdays this week and rejoice with them. We wish them longevity, robust health, divine favour and accomplishments 4. We congratulate all the families that are featured in our bulletin for prayers today and pray that our prayers will be answered for them. These are: The Adesuyis, Adetiba, Adetokunbo, Adeyefa, Adigwe, Afoaku, Agaba, Agada, Agbi, Agbim, Agbo, Agborua, Agbugba. Agodo, Agu, Agunenye, Agwunobi, Ahaaiwe, Ahaibe, Ahaneku, Aigbe, Aig-Imoukhuede, Aina, Ajaelo, Akinlade, Ajakaiye, Ajayi, Ajoku, Ajumogobia, Akanbi, Akindele, Akinfolarin, Akinola, Akinrele, Akinrimisi, Akinsehinwa, Akinyanjuola, Akinyemi, Akisanya, Akpobeku, Akubuike & Akujobi-Roberts. Please use the opportunity to do your Family Thanksgiving/Harvest .
- We also congratulate those to be prayed for next Sunday as listed below, and we appeal that they make themselves available for the prayers. The Akwiwus, Alibo, Allan, Alofe, Alofoje, Alonge, Amadi, Amaechi, Amanambu, Amona, Amonye, Amos-Kuku, Amuchie, Anazodo, Anekwe, Aneto-Okeke, Animashawun, Anorue, Anuka, Anukwem, Anyadike, Anyalechi, Arinze, Arizor, Aroloye, Aromire-Dairo, Asala, Asipa, Asoluka, Atagbuzia, Atte, Augustine, Awosedo, Awokoya, Awosika, Awosiga, Ayininuola, Ayo Foluso, Ayodeji, Azeez, Azike, Azinge, Azubike, Azuike, Azuka, Bajomo, Bamigbetan- Baju, Bakare, Bamisile, Bammeke, Bamtefa, Bello, Benson, Binitie, Bipialaka, Bolokor, Boniface, Bozi-Edunze,.
- REVIVAL! REVIVAL!! REVIVAL!!!:- You are all welcome to our first revival for the year on Sunday January 29, at the 9 a.m. Joint service; Monday Jan. 30, Tuesday Jan 31 & Wednesday February 1, 2017 at 5 p.m. each day. Theme: EMPOWERED TO EXCEL. Text: Daniel 6: 3. Revivalist: The Rt. Revd Jacob Kwashi, Bishop of Zomkwa Diocese, Kaduna. Come and you will be richly blessed.
- ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP DUE: is a minimum of N1,000.00. We appeal that we all register to become full members of our parish.
- OUR WEEKLY ACTIVITIES: We appeal to all parishioners and other worshippers to please attend any or all of them and God will bless you all beyond your expectations:
(i) Daily Holy Communion @ 7.15 a.m. from Mondays to Fridays
(ii) Hour of Divine Intervention on Wednesdays @ 6.00 p.m to 7.30 p.m.
(iii) Bible Study on Fridays @ 3.00 p.m. – 4.30 p.m. & 6.00 p.m. – 7.30 p.m.
(iv) Overcomer’s Hour – First Day of the month @ 6.30 a.m. to 7.00 a.m.
(v) Glorious Night – Last Fridays of the month @ 11.00 p.m. to 5.00 a.m.
(vi) Workers’ Retreat – as the Vicar deems appropriate.
- THE NEEDS OF OUR PARISH: We thank all our members for your continual supports, generosity and personal sacrifice. Your labour of love will not be in vain. We appeal to our members to pray concerning the following items which are needed by the church and as led by the Holy Spirit to assist in donating them
(i) Wafer bread (priest wafers & for the congregation)
(ii) Altar Cross (should be the latest and with steps)
(iii) Imported sets of chasubles for the use of the Priests, for the celebration of Holy Communion.
(iv) Toyota buses (High roof & Medium room)
(v) Copies of Hymn Books
- PARISH COMMITTEE ON YOUTH EMPLOYMENT: We appreciate the entire congregation for your love and passion that all our unemployed youths should be gainfully employed. I am particularly grateful to all those who volunteered to be in the Committee on their employment. God will continue to honour all of you and be your voice.
The Inaugural meeting of the Committee will be holding on Sunday, 29th January, 2017 in the Vicar’s office at 11.30 a.m. The following are the members of the Committee:
- Mr. Akin. Akinfemiwa (6) Arc (Mrs) Ije Jidenma
- Sir Olu Okeowo (7) Dr. Emmanuel Ebogah
- Engr (Mrs) Chika Okafor (8) Dr. Tunji Oyebanji
- Sir Stanley Amuchie (9) Mrs. Seyi Afolabi
- Sir Ben. Wilcox (10) Mr. Dipo Fadamiro (Youth Coordinator)
(11) Vicar (Coordinator)
- THE CHAPLAINS FOR THE MINISTRIES: Please note the Chaplains for the ministries of the Church:
- Bible Study/Elders/Social Welfare – Revd Canon Clement Iwuoha
- Music/LADGOS/Readers/Altar Server – Revd Canon Festus Ajayi
- Youth – Revd Canon OreOluwa Agbelusi
- Counselling/Business Fellowship – Revd Canon Akpos Okoro
- Prison/Rehabilitation/Men’s Fellowship – Revd Canon Taiwo Awosika
- Evangelism/Prayer/Visitation – Revd Charles Ezeh
- Clinic/Hospital – Revd Dr. Seun Adeyemi
- Children (Sunday school etc) – Revd Silas E. Okoh
INFORMATION FROM THE DIOCESE:
WOMEN’S & GIRLS’ ORGANIZATIONS
- REQUEST FOR DONATION OF ITEMS TOWARDS VILLAGE OUTREACH:- Peace of God be always with you. May you continue to be a blessing. Be kind enough to release your used – old but good clothes, shoes, household items of different kind for the proposed Village Outreach. The clothes and shoes could be for men, women and children, later today. The Lord will reward you for responding.
- IKOYI ARCHDEACONRY WOMEN’S RETREAT Date: Today Sunday, 22nd January, 2017 by 12 noon at the Chapel. All our Executives, that is, Mothers’ Union, Women’s Guild, Young wives Fellowship, Women of Grace are expected to be there.
- WOMEN’S GUILD MEETING/CONTEMPORARY ISSUE: Date: Wednesday, 25th January, 2017 – Topic: “My totality in Christ” by Mrs. Oyeyemi Ajayi. Time: 4.00p.m. May you be richly blessed as you attend.
- MOTHERS’ UNION & WOMEN’S GUILD ANNUAL DUES:- Members of the Mothers’ Union & Women’s Guild are hereby reminded of the payment of their annual dues to any of the clergy wives today or within the week.
- WIDOWS’ WELFARE FUND: Kindly donate towards the Fund established to assist the widows of this church and God would visit you and all yours.
- MOTHERS’ UNION HOUSE FELLOWSHIP ZONES AND CO-ORDINATORS
Please note that the Fellowship comes up every 3rd Saturday of the month. Kindly contact your nearest Coordinator for further enquiries. Thanks
OTHER INFORMATION FROM OUR PARISH
- FIRST WORKERS’ RETREAT IN YEAR 2017:- The first workers’ retreat this year will hold by God’s grace on Saturday, 28th January to start with Holy Communion at 9.00 a.m. We appeal to our service groups to mobilize their members to attend punctually. It is compulsory for all workers to attend and it takes the permission of the Vicar only to be late or absent. The theme of the retreat is “THE QUALIFICATIONS OF A CHURCH WORKER” 2 Timothy 2: 19-21.
- 2017 VESTRY MEETING (Annual General Meeting): Our 2017 Vestry meeting (Annual General Meeting) will hold on the last Sunday in February – 26th February, 2017. We hereby request for Reports from Ministries/Fellowships and the Committees of Council covering the activities for the year 2016, and should be submitted in soft and hard copies on or before Sunday, 12th February, 2017, so as to enable us tidy them up early enough.
- JANUARY VIGIL: Vigil for January, 2017 will no longer hold as a result of the Workers’ Retreat which holds on 28th of the month.
- THE PARISH CHURCH COUNCIL MEETING:– The PCC members will meet on Thursday, 26th January, 2017 at 5 p.m. Venue: Church Hall. All members are to please collect their papers from the Front Office today or within the week.
- REDEDICATION SERVICE: Diocesan rededication service for the Readers, Stewards and Altar Servers holds today, Sunday 22nd January, 2017 at St. John’s Church, Falomo, Lagos. Time: 3.00 p.m.
- 6. OUR SAVIOUR’S CHURCH HALL is now available for use during the week and weekends for wedding, birthda, funeral reception etc . Also for your Company/Corporate seminars and meetings from Mondays to Fridays at a special rate. Kindly contact Mr. Mike Ipadeola on 08023077347 or Regina Ezenwa on 08033257929 for details.
- We share in the pains of Mr. Osa Sonny and Mrs. Oyinkansola Adun on the call to glory of their father-in-law and father – Professor Herbert Maurice Adebola Onitiri. Aged: 88 years. Burial arrangement are as follows: Wednesday, 25th January, 2017 – Service of Songs at 34, Raufu Williams Crescent, Surulere, Lagos. Time: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Dress code: Lilac/Purple; Thursday, 26th January, 2017 – Christian wake and Evening of Tributes/Praise at Class Event Centre, National Power Training Institute of Nigeria premises, 67, Adelabu Street, Surulere, Lagos. Time: 5.00 p.m. to 8.00 p.m. Dress code: Blue; Friday, 27th January, 2017 – Funeral Service at The African Church Arch. Cathedral Bethel, 59, Broad Street, Lagos. Time: 11 a.m. Interment at Ebony Vaults, off Alagbon Close, Ikoyi. Reception at Shell Hall, Muson Centre, Onikan, Lagos. Dress code: Gold.
Youths please take note of some exciting upcoming events:
- 28th January – Worker’s Retreat (Compulsory for all Youths)
- 11th February – Eat, Pray, Share (Annual Love and Relationship Event).