GREETINGS AND FELICITATION
- Glory be to God who in His infinite mercy and grace preserved us throughout last year and has brought us to the beginning of a new year. We congratulate all our parishioners and other worshippers for the rare privilege of this brand new year. The Lord will shield and guide us to the end of it in Jesus name. We shall not experience any loss in our lives and families in Jesus name. God will add to us and fulfill His purpose in our lives and families in Jesus name.
- We welcome all the first timers and appreciate them for identifying with us at this service. Please fill the form given to you and wait to interact with the ‘WELCOME TEAM’ very briefly after the service. Take the exit on the Lectern side of the church and sit on any of the pews, and they will be with you shortly.
- We welcome our revivalist from today through Wednesday, The Rt. Revd Jacob Kwashi, Bishop of Zomkwa Diocese, Kaduna, and pray for fresh anointing and robust health for him and his family.
- We congratulate all those who celebrate birthdays this week and rejoice with them. We wish them longevity, robust health, divine favour and accomplishments.
- We congratulate all the families that are featured in our bulletin for prayers today and pray that our prayers will be answered for them. These are: The Akwiwus, Alibo, Allan, Alofe, Alofoje, Alonge, Amadi, Amaechi, Amanambu, Amona, Amonye, Amos-Kuku, Amuchie, Anazodo, Anekwe, Aneto-Okeke, Animashawun, Anorue, Anuka, Anukwem, Anyadike, Anyalechi, Arinze, Arizor, Aroloye, Aromire-Dairo, Asala, Asipa, Asoluka, Atagbuzia, Atte, Augustine, Awosedo, Awokoya, Awosika, Awosiga, Ayininuola, Ayo Foluso, Ayodeji, Azeez, Azike, Azinge, Azubike, Azuike, Azuka, Bajomo, Bamigbetan- Baju, Bakare, Bamisile, Bammeke, Bamtefa, Bello, Benson, Binitie, Bipialaka, Bolokor, Boniface, Bozi-Edunze. Please use the opportunity to do your Family Thanksgiving/Harvest .
- We also congratulate those to be prayed for next Sunday as listed below, and we appeal that they make themselves available for the prayers. The Chamberlain, Chiboka, Chichi, Chimah, Chinkata, Chiori, Chris-Asoluka, Chuks-Okoye, Chukwuocha, Clark, Dada, Dabiri, Dafinone, Dallass, Dambo, Daminabo, Daminabo, Danjuma, Dankaro, Daras, Dare, Daniel, Dappa, David, Davies, Dehinde, Dekalu, Demesi, Desalu, Dike, Disi, Dosunmu, Dublin-Green, Duru, Ebi-Omatsola, Ebubeogu, Edionseri, Ebeledikes, Ebong, Ebor, Echendu, Echi-Williams, Eddo, Edeh, Edoho, Edoka, Edokpolor, Edosa, Edozie, Edoziem, Edu, Edukugho,Edusei, Egbakhumeh, Egberamen, Egbogah, Egbor, Egbuche, Egbuchunam, Egbukole, Egbuna, Egbubike, Egbuwoku, Egemonye, Egere, Egirani, Egwuatu, Egwim, Egwuatuonwu, Egwudobi, Ehieze, Eighe, Ejecam, Ejezie, Ejidiran, Ejike & Ejikeme.
- REVIVAL! REVIVAL!! REVIVAL!!!:- Please note that the revival continues on Monday Jan. 30, Tuesday Jan 31 & Wednesday February 1, 2017 at 5 p.m. each day. Theme: EMPOWERED TO EXCEL. Text: Daniel 6: 3. Revivalist: The Rt. Revd Jacob Kwashi, Bishop of Zomkwa Diocese, Kaduna. Come and you will be richly blessed.
- ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP DUE: is a minimum of N1,000.00. We appeal that we all register to become full members of our parish.
- OUR WEEKLY ACTIVITIES: We appeal to all parishioners and other worshippers to please attend any or all of them and God will bless you all beyond your expectations:
(i) Daily Holy Communion @ 7.15 a.m. from Mondays to Fridays
(ii) Hour of Divine Intervention on Wednesdays @ 6.00 p.m to 7.30 p.m.
(iii) Bible Study on Fridays @ 3.00 p.m. – 4.30 p.m. & 6.00 p.m. – 7.30 p.m.
(iv) Overcomer’s Hour – First Day of the month @ 6.30 a.m. to 7.00 a.m.
(v) Glorious Night – Last Fridays of the month @ 11.00 p.m. to 5.00 a.m.
(vi) Workers’ Retreat – as the Vicar deems appropriate.
- THE NEEDS OF OUR PARISH: We thank all our members for your continual supports, generosity and personal sacrifice. Your labour of love will not be in vain. We appeal to our members to pray concerning the following items which are needed by the church and as led by the Holy Spirit to assist in donating them
(i) Wafer bread (priest wafers & for the congregation)
(ii) Altar Cross (should be the latest and with steps)
(iii) Imported sets of chasubles for the use of the Priests, for the celebration of Holy Communion.
(iv) Toyota buses (High roof & Medium room)
(v) Copies of Hymn Books
- PARISH COMMITTEE ON YOUTH EMPLOYMENT: We appreciate the entire congregation for your love and passion that all our unemployed youths should be gainfully employed. I am particularly grateful to all those who volunteered to be in the Committee on their employment. God will continue to honour all of you and be your voice.
The Inaugural meeting of the Committee will be holding today Sunday, 29th January, 2017 in the Vicar’s office at 11.30 a.m. The following are the members of the Committee:
- Mr. Akin. Akinfemiwa (6) Arc (Mrs) Ije Jidenma
- Sir Olu Okeowo (7) Dr. Emmanuel Ebogah
- Engr (Mrs) Chika Okafor (8) Dr. Tunji Oyebanji
- Sir Stanley Amuchie (9) Mrs. Seyi Afolabi
- Sir Ben. Wilcox (10) Mr. Dipo Fadamiro (Youth Coordinator)
(11) Vicar (Coordinator)
- THE CHAPLAINS FOR THE MINISTRIES: Please note the Chaplains for the ministries of the Church:
- Bible Study/Elders/Social Welfare – Revd Canon Clement Iwuoha
- Music/LADGOS/Readers/Altar Server – Revd Canon Festus Ajayi
- Youth – Revd Canon OreOluwa Agbelusi
- Counselling/Business Fellowship – Revd Canon Akpos Okoro
- Prison/Rehabilitation/Men’s Fellowship – Revd Canon Taiwo Awosika
- Evangelism/Prayer/Visitation – Revd Charles Ezeh
- Clinic/Hospital – Revd Dr. Seun Adeyemi
- Children (Sunday school etc) – Revd Silas E. Okoh
WOMEN’S & GIRLS’ ORGANIZATIONS
- WOMEN’S GUILD MEETING/PRAYER MEETING: Date: Wednesday, 1st February, 2017 – Topic: “Carry each other’s burdens” (Gal. 6: 2) by Mrs. Bola George. Time: 4.00p.m. May you be richly blessed as you attend.
- BUSINESS & PROFESSIONAL WOMEN’S FELLOWSHIP MEETING (Lagos Zone): Date: Saturday, 4th February, 2017 at 8 a.m. in the Chapel.
- GIRLS & LADIES’ GUILD LEADERS’ RETREAT:- Date: Saturday, 4th February, 2017 at Faith Plaza. Time: 9.00 a.m. Those concerned should please note and be punctual.
- MOTHERS’ UNION & WOMEN’S GUILD ANNUAL DUES:- Members of the Mothers’ Union & Women’s Guild are hereby reminded of the payment of their annual dues to any of the clergy wives today or within the week.
- WIDOWS’ WELFARE FUND: Kindly donate towards the Fund established to assist the widows of this church and God would visit you and all yours
- MOTHERS’ UNION HOUSE FELLOWSHIP ZONES AND CO-ORDINATORS
Please note that the Fellowship comes up every 3rd Saturday of the month. Kindly contact your nearest Coordinator for further enquiries. Thanks
OTHER INFORMATION FROM OUR PARISH
- 2017 VESTRY MEETING (Annual General Meeting): NOTICE is hereby given that the 2017 VESTRY MEETING (AGM) of our church will hold on Sunday, 26th February, 2017 after the Joint 0900Hr. Service in this church. All are encouraged to attend. At the meeting, the Council you put in place last February will give a report of its stewardship and present the audited Financial Statements for the year ended 31st December, 2016. It will also afford all members the opportunity to express their minds on the management of the church’s affairs and also give suggestions for improvement. We hereby request for
- Reports from Ministries/Fellowships and the Committees of Council covering the activities for the year 2016, and should be submitted in soft and hard copies on or before Sunday, 12th February, 2017, so as to enable us tidy them up early enough.
- Nominations for the following positions in Council, which will become vacant on 26th February, should reach the Admin Manager not later than Tuesday, 14th February, 2017 as follows:
- The People’s Warden – one nomination per Ministry/Fellowship;
- 10 Councillors – two nominations per Ministry;
- 2 Auditors – one nomination per Ministry
- OUR SAVIOUR’S CHURCH HALL is now available for use during the week and weekends for wedding, birthday, funeral reception etc . Also for your Company/Corporate seminars and meetings from Mondays to Fridays at a special rate. Kindly contact Mr. Mike Ipadeola on 08023077347 or Regina Ezenwa on 08033257929 for details.
- DONATIONS TO CHURCH MADE EASY: To facilitate paying our Tithes, Offerings and other donations, the following have been put in place:
- DIRECT PAYMENT can be made by NEFT, etc into Zenith Bank Acct. No: 1012760579 with sort code No: 057150107. Please specify the purpose such as Tithes, Harvest pledges, Celebrating God’s goodness, Mission Seed, Clergy Pension, etc
- Payments can also be made in the UK to Union Bank UK Plc, Our Saviour’s Church, TBS, Lagos Account No: 016298-GBP-CCARES-OO; IBAN – GB10UBUK23579701629800.
- Banns of Marriage: We announce the Banns of Marriage between: (1) Olatunji Odufowora-Sita & Oludolapo Abimbola James; (2) Stanley Uzochukwu Ogbuze & Chioma Maureen Okafor. Any impediment should please be forwarded to the Vicar.
- FUNERAL ANNOUNCEMENT/ARRANGEMENTS:
- Mr. Ita & Mrs. Gloria Ekwu Ita-Ikpeme & family announce the glorious exit of their beloved mother-in-law, mother, grand mother and great grand-mother, sister, auntie – Ogbuechi Nwanyi, Madam Betty Ogoemeka Ejindu on the 28th October, 2016. Aged: 94 years. The celebration of life are as followsP: Friday, 3rd February, 2017 – Service of Songs at Our Saviour’s Church Hall. Time: 5.30 p.m. Colour: Royal Blue; Thursday, 9th February, 2017 – Christian wake at Clement Ejindu compound Igwiemi, Ugamuma, Obosi, Anambra State. Time: 5.00 p.m; Friday, 10th February, 2017 – Burial service at St. Mary’s Ang. Church, Ugamuma, Obosi, Anambra State. Time: 10.00 a.m. Reception immediately after interment. Colour: Peach.
- We share in the pains of Sir Ziggy & Lady Chinyere Azike on the call to glory of their mother-in-law and mother respectively – EZINNE ELDER (MRS) NENA UCHE (Iyam Abiriba). The burial arrangement are as follows: Tuesday, 21st March, 2017 – Service of Songs at 12, Ekenna Avenue, G.R.A. Aba (Visitation by Women’s Guild and other church groups). Time: 4 p.m; Friday, 24th March, 2017 – Commendation Service at St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, 1, Azikiwe road, Aba at 10 a.m.; Christian wake at her residence, Isi-Abadam, Ugwu Court, Abiriba at 6 p.m.; Saturday, 25th March, 2017 – Open Air Service at the ground of Egwuena Girls’ Secondary School, Agbo Court, Abiriba. Interment follows immediately after.
Youths please take note of some exciting upcoming events: i. 11th February – Eat, Pray, Share (Annual Love and Relationship Event). Kindly get in touch with any of the below to book your spaces: