- We welcome all our PARISHIONERS: We welcome all our parishioners and other worshippers to Lenten Season which is a penitential and solemn season. A season for sober reflection and self-examination to move closer to God and wait on Him to renew our strength. Unusual miracles accompany biblical fast and prayer. We should also deny ourselves of a number of pleasure and other things, to be able to give to the less privileged and advance the Kingdom of God.
- We are grateful to all our special guests (all first timers) who are in our midst today. Please take a copy of our weekly bulletin for reference and identify with us in any of or all our activities and programmes. Also exit through the door on the lectern side and wait to see the ‘WELCOME TEAM’ after the service for briefing and remember to return the form given to you after filling it to them. You will remember today with outstanding testimonies in Jesus name.
- Self-Denial Envelopes: We appeal that we bring the money we don’t spend on food and drinks to the Church throughout the Lenten Season for the poor and the needy. Part of our spiritual and financial obligations is to provide for the poor and the needy. Please always remember to bring this on Sundays and Wednesdays and God will bless you richly.
- BI-MONTHLY ANOINTING AND FAMILY SERVICE:- We have prayed and are fully convinced that our Anointing Service will be holding ‘BI-MONTHLY’. The next edition will hold on Sunday, 20th March, 2016. Please come with all your loved ones including your neighbours and acquaintances because God is going to destroy yokes and people will experience divine restoration and healing.
- DRESSING OF BRIDES AND OTHER MEMBERS OF THE BRIDAL TRAIN DURING WEDDING SERVICES:– We use this medium to appeal to all parents and guardians whose children (daughters or daughters-in-law) will be getting married to teach them the dignity of decent dressing, especially during wedding services. By decent dressing, we mean that the wedding gowns and other wedding dresses should cover the entire body. Any indecent dressings during such occasions will be frowned at and the clergy will not take kindly to it. This is a very important notice that must be taken seriously by all our parishioners and other worshippers because we will not compromise the Word of God for any reason.
- OUR WEEKLY FINANCIAL COMMITMENTS:
- Tithes: Payment of tithe bows to Biblical scrutiny and it works wonders in the lives and endeavours of those who pay honestly, faithfully and consistently. Devourers and cankerworms like sickness, police issues, losses of all kinds are rebuked by God for them. It helps in bringing uncommon favour and blessings into their lives. Non-payment of tithes can be responsible for hindrances to prayer, delay in promotion, delay in child-bearing and a host of other problems. Please be determined to pay your tithe as from today and do not allow the devil to rob you of your miracles.
- TITHES/SPECIAL DONATIONS:- We appeal that those who are paying tithes should include their initials or the code of their choice instead of using “anonymous”. Using anonymous has a number of implications. The Lord will accept our offerings and bless us tremendously in Jesus name.
- Offertory: This has been our practice as a Church for many years before now and the offertory proceeds have availed our parish the opportunity to assist many people within and outside the church in various ways. The ever increasing financial obligations of the church have also been met with the offertory. This is collected separately every Sunday. Kindly don’t relent, continue to make your contributions in this regard and God will reward you beyond measure in Jesus name.
- Sunday Offering (Celebrating God’s Goodness):- God commands that nobody should appear before Him empty-handed. In Malachi, the Bible mentions that the nation of old – Israel robbed Him by not paying their tithes and offerings. God spoke with the Vicar in the first week of this year that we should celebrate Him and His Goodness in our church every Sunday and at other times. God has been particularly good to us in this church and this is reflected in our lives, families, endeavours and other spheres of our lives. When we lift Him up, He will invariably and undoubtedly orchestrate more unimaginable breakthroughs in our lives. Let us give Him our best with this offering and God will bless us richly.
- Mission Seed Envelopes: Mission Seed is an offering that was introduced by the diocesan to assist in the work of Mission Discipleship and Evangelism in the Diocese of Lagos. We have many poor parishes that the diocese helps financially from time to time. There are areas in our diocese where there is no Anglican presence hitherto. In such places, the diocese plans to plant new parishes to cater for the spiritual needs of those who live there. There are many dioceses across this country that continue to run to our diocese (being the mother diocese) for financial assistance from time to time. The proceeds of Mission Seed assist immeasurably in meeting this and other needs. Please give generously and sacrificially towards it. The Gospel must be preached.
- WEDNESDAY IN LENT SERVICE: Date::Wednesday, 9th March, 2016 at 6 p.m... Kindly come with a friend or colleague and attend punctually.
- OTHER PROGRAMME DURING THE LENT: Beloved, Lent is here again and for all the Saturdays within this period, the Church has packaged the following programmes to ensure that your spiritual life remains aflame for the Lord:
|March 19 @ 9.00am||Prayer Conference – “Prevailing Prayer” (James 5: 16)||The Rev. Stephen Odineka|
Don’t miss this last opportunity for God’s abundant blessings; and remember to invite Others.
- We appreciate all the members of the 2015/2016 Parish Church Council for their services to the Lord and to the church in the last Council Year. We specially express sincere gratitude to those not returned. May the Lord reward you all abundantly.
- We appreciate all the members as well as the observers who waited to be part of last Sunday’s peaceful Vestry Meeting. The Lord will continue to bless you for your support and suggestions.
- MEET OUR NEW COUNCILLORS:- We also immensely grateful to all our parishioners for their unquantifiable support and contributions in diverse ways without which it would have been difficult for us to record such a resounding success. God would surely bless them all. The following are members of the Parish Church Council for the year 2016/2017:
Priests: People’s Warden Vicar’s Warden
- Ven. Julius O. Oyediran Mr. Raphael Ezeudu Mr Rotimi Akinyemi
- The Revd Canon Clement Iwuoha
- The Revd Canon Ify John Nriama Elected Councillors
- The Revd Canon Festus Ajayi 1. Sir Ziggy Azike
- The Revd Canon OreOluwa Agbelusi 2. Mr. Tunji Oyebanji
- The Revd Canon Akpoghene Okoro 3. Mrs. Lois Anuka
- The Revd Dr. Seun Adeyemi 4. Dr (Mrs) Emi Renner
5. Arc. Richard Omotalade
6. C. L. Abara
Diocesan Officials already in Council
- Hon. Justice Dayo Oyebanji 7. Mrs. Nneka Chris-Asoluka
- Sir Ike Nwokolo, OFR 8. Barr (Mrs) Christy Egere
- Arc. Ayo Onajide 9. Dr (Mrs) Erere Otrofanowei
- Mrs. Ivie Ejiwunmi 10. Mr. Wale Ogunjimi
- Dr. B. O. Koleowo
- Barr. Olusegun B. Ajayi Bishop’s Nominees already in Council
- Mr. Olubunmi Sowande
- Mrs. Folasade Adetiba 1. Mr. G. J. Amadi
- Mr. Chike Sibeudu 2. Sir Joe Best Okoye
- Mr. Theophilus Okang 3. Mr. Varkey Verghese
4. Mr. Jonathan Uzo Okafor
5. Mr. Mathai Jacob
Archdeacon’s Nominee Synod Delegates
Barr. Kolade Olutekunbi 1. Chief (Mrs) Kemi Sarumi
2. Mrs. Chinwe Osuno-Ilogu
Vicar’s 2 Nominees (in Counci) 3. Mrs. Nike Aroloye
To be cleared with Council 4. Miss Chiamaka Okoli
Elected Auditors (not in Council) Vergers not in Council
- Mr. Remi Sennaike 1. Mr. Felix Fadamiro
- Mrs. Ngozi Ifezulike 2. Mr. Tochukwu Nzekwesi
- DIOCESAN VICTORY NIGHT: The next Diocesan Victory Night comes up this Friday, 11th March, 2016 at The Cricket Pitch, Tafawa Balewa Square, Lagos from 10.00 p.m. The theme: “Higher Ground” (Psalm 40: 2-3). You are all invited to partake in the benefits and blessings of the night.
- LAGOS DIOCESAN YOUTH GLORIOUS NIGHT:- The Lagos Diocesan Youth Glorious Night will hold on Friday, 18th March, 2016 at New Era Anglican Church, Lekki from 10.00 p.m. Our Youths should please note and attend.
- DONATION OF COMMUNION WINE:- The church has observed that most of the Imported Communion wines being donated are not original. They are also harzadous to our health. Based on this, the church hereby appeal to whoever wants to donate wines to the church to please, pay the sum of N4,600.00 per carton to the church (for the local one), and obtain a receipt. Thank you and God bless!.
- INVESTMENT COMMITTEE MEETING:- Members of the Investment Committee would meet on Wednesday, 9th March, 2016 at 12noon at the usual venue. All members are enjoined to attend promptly. Main topic: Abijo land.
- ELDERS’ FELLOWSHIP:- The monthly meeting of the Elders’ Fellowship will hold on Wednesday, 9th March, 2016 at 10 a.m. prompt in the Chapel Extension. A medical consultant from LUTH will give a Talk on PROSTRATE. All elders should please, endeavour to attend.13.
- REGISTRATION FOR 2016 MOTHERS’ UNION ENROLMENT:- Members willing to enrol into Mothers’ Union for the year 2016 should please put down their names and telephone nos. with the Vicar’s wife (Mrs. F. Oyediran) or with the Admin. Manager today or within the week.
- WOMEN’S GUILD MEETING/TALK: Date: Wednesday, 9th March, 2016 – Bible Study 3 on “Affliction: A way of repentance (Hosea 2: 1-23)” Speaker: Mrs. Magdalene Adegoke. Time: 4.00p.m. May you be richly blessed as you attend.
- WOMEN OF GRACE MEETING/TALK: Members of Women of Grace meet today, 6th March, 2016 immediately after the service at the Chapel Extension. Topic: “Be a person of determination (Psalm 73: 1-8) by Mrs. Stella Agu.
- LADIES & GIRLS’ GUILD INCLUDING BOYS’ PROGRAMME: Date: Today, after the service. Prayer meeting on “‘The joy of restoration (Isa. 51: 1-11)’ by Miss Dupe Michael.
- MOTHERS’ UNION & WOMEN’S GUILD ANNUAL DUES:– Members of the Mothers’ Union & Women’s Guild are hereby reminded of the payment `of their annual dues to any of the clergy wives today or within the week.
- WIDOWS’ WELFARE FUND: Kindly donate towards the Fund established to assist the widows of this church and God would visit you and all yours.
- THE BUSINESS FELLOWSHIP will hold its Breakfast Fellowship very soon on SME Personnel Challenges. In order to embrace all aspects of staffing, interested members/entrepreneurs are required to send the challenges they face with recruitment of their desires employees to this email address: email@example.com so that the training can be designed to meet the appropriate needs.
- LITERATURE AND PUBLICATIONS COMMITTEE: “The Literature and Publications Committee welcomes articles, jokes, riddles, cartoons and other content for the June 2016 edition of Good Tidings Magazine. Advertisements are also welcome. Please send soft copies of all items to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for all entries is March 31st, 2016.”
- WORKSHOP BY COUNSELLING MINISTRY: There will be a “Train the Trainer” Workshop for Members of the Counselling Ministry of Our Saviour’s Church, TBS, on the 13th of March 2016, immediately after the 8am service. Venue is the Counselling Room. Parishioners who are interested in joining the Ministry are welcome, but they must be Born Again, Matured and Spirit filled Christians who have been married for not less than 10 years. Kindly contact the following members: Mrs Kemi Sarumi 08023014723 and Mrs Magdalene Adegoke 08034710398. God bless you.
- SALES OF ADMISSION FORMS INTO IGBOBI COLLEGE (Joint Anglican & Methodist Foundation):- The admission forms into JS1, JS2 and SS2 are now available for sale at N7,500.00 (Seven thousand, five hundred Naira) only for all candidates seeking admission in 2016/2017 academic session. To obtain the form, payment can be made into College Account No. 0004513499 with Union Bank and download the form from college website: www.igbobicollegeyaba.com or visit the Administrative Office for direct purchase and submission to the college on or before the preferred examination date.
- INVITATION TO OFFICIAL DEDICATION OF NEW CHURCH BUILDING AT ST. BARNABAS ANGLICAN CHURCH, ISI-ACHINA, DIOCESE OF AGUATA: Members of the congregation are invited to the official dedication of a New Ultra-Modern Church Building/Vicarage/Church Hall donated by a member of this church at Diocese of Aguata, on Tuesday, 29th March, 2016 at 10 a.m. by His Grace, The Most Revd Nicholas Okoh, Archbishop Metropolitan & Primate of all Nigeria.
- PILGRIMAGE TO ISRAEL: Registration is now on for 2016 Pilgrimage to Jerusalem. Intending pilgrims should please contact, FIRST DOLPHIN TRAVELS, on the second floor, Onigbagbo House, Bola Memorial Anglican Church. Tel: 01-3425298, 08023133348, 08095907261, 08095906720.
- We share in the pains of the followings:
- Mrs. V. Ezediaro, the children, Diocese of Lagos, members of Ikoyi Archdeaconry and St. John’s Church, Falomo, on the Call to Glory of their husband, father and father in the Lord respectively, Ven. N.N. Ezediaro who was called to higher glory on Thursday, 3rd March, 2016 after a brief illness. Aged: 68 years. Burial to be announced later.
- Niyi, Dapo, Ayodele, Demola, Fadekemi (children), spouses and in-laws, on the call to glory of their father and father-in-law, Surveyor Otunba Olugbenga Adekoya on Saturday, 27th February, 2016. Aged: 74 years. Funeral arrangement to be announced later.
- Mr. Emeka Chukwujindu (a member of the choir) on the call to glory of his father, Mr. Joseph Chukwujindu. Aged: 87 years. Funeral arrangements on 11th & 12th April, 2016 at his compound, Azigbo, Nnewi South L.G.A., Anambra State.
- Funeral arrangement for Arc. Emeka Eze (who was called to glory on 26/12/2015): Thursday, 17th March, 2016 – Service of Songs at Our Saviour’s Church Church Hall at 5.00 p.m.; Friday, 18th March, 2016 – Funeral Service at Ezegwara family compound, Okwu Umueze Village, Uga Town, Aguata L.G.A, Anambra State at 10.00 a.m.