GREETINGS AND FELICITATION
1a. All glory, honour and praises to God for His faithfulness and goodness that have hitherto preserved all of us. We welcome all our parishioners and other worshippers at this service. God will surround all of us with His presence and favour, and also steadily and with Divine speed fulfill His purposes in our lives and families in Jesus name.
b. We welcome all those who are worshipping with us for the first time into our midst and pray that God will orchestrate new and unimaginable miracles in their lives and families. We appeal that they should kindly wait briefly after the service to interact with the “WELCOME TEAM.” They are to exit the church through the door on the lectern side of the church.
c. We congratulate and felicitate with all those who celebrate their birthdays, wedding anniversaries, and other landmark events this week. God will continue to protect and guide them. He will also sustain their joy and continue to be mindful of them and their desires and aspirations in Jesus name.
- OUR WEEK AT A GLANCE:
(a) Daily Holy Communion @ 7.15 a.m. (Mondays-Fridays)
(b) Choir Practice – 6.00 p.m. on Tuesdays & Thursdays
(c) Mid-Week Holy Communion @ 7.15 a.m on Wednesdays
(d) Mid-Week Prayer Meeting (Divine Intervention) @ 6.00p.m. on Wednesdays
(e) Women’s Guild Bible Study/Meeting @ 4.00 p.m. on Wednesdays
(f) Bible Study @ 3.00 p.m. & 6.00 p.m. on Fridays.
(g) Overcomers’ Hour @ 6.30 a.m. (1st Day of every month)
(h) Divine Encounter (monthly vigil) to start @ 10.00 p.m. (Last Friday)
(i) Bible School @ 9.00 a.m. – 11 a.m every Saturday from February 17, 2018.
(j) Men’s Christian Fellowship @ 10.00 a.m. on the 3rd Saturday of every month.
All those who are concerned should please endeavour to attend punctually.
- MONTHLY BAPTISM: Our baptism holds every first Saturday of the month. Please plan to key into this, as your preferred date could clash with other programmes and can lead to rejection of your date.
- 2018 FAMILY HARVEST/THANKSGIVING:- Please note that our Year 2018 Family Harvest/Thanksgiving is still continue and the following families should note their dates and respond positively.
God expects each family to appear before Him at least once a year for thanksgiving and re-dedication. As families, it is important to give thanks in appreciation of His faithfulness and goodness to us and to also rededicate and recommit all members of our families to Him for safe-keeping, provision, defence, sustenance, preservation, good health, victory and joy.
The following families should please note the dates of their thanksgiving
2nd September, 2018: The Demilades, Desalus, Desalu-Doltins, Desalu-Voids, DIkes, Disis, Dublin-Greens, Durus, Ebi-Rhodas, Ebubeogus, Edokpolos, Edukughos, Egbogahs, Egbosionus, Egbuonus, Egeres, Egwins, Ejindus, Ejiofors,Ejiogus,Ejueyitchie-Oroyes, Ekanems, Ekhomus, Emedos, Emenikes, Emeres, Emeruems, Emeyonus, Enichukwus, Enweres.
9th September, 2018: Enwerems, Erhabors, Erinles, Eriobus, Etetes, Etikos, Ezes, Ezeadilis, Ezealas, Ezehs, Ezekwems, Ezekweres, Ezekwueches, Ezenwas, Ezenweinyinyas, Ezeobis, Ezeudus, Ezibes, Ezikas, Ezika-Okupes, Ezumas.
16th September, 2018: Fadamiros,Fadeyis, Fadirans, Fajemirokuns, Falayes, Farinres, Fasehuns, Feranmis, Folorunsos, Garricks, Gbadegesis, Gellis, Georges, Greens, Horsfalls, Hotonus, Ibes, Ibehs, Ibitoyes, Ibrus, Idikes, Idowus, Ifeozos, Ifezulikes, Igandans, Igbehin-Aduns, Igboanuzues.
INFORMATION FROM THE DIOCESE:
- DIOCESAN HEALING & CHRISTMATIC SERVICE: The diocesan healing and Christmatic Service holds every first sunday of the month at The Cathedral Church of Christ, Marina, Lagos by 4.00pm. Another edition holds next week, Sunday 2nd September, 2018.
- POWER FOR THE MONTH: In line with the Diocesan directive, the parish starting a one hour daily intensive prayers on the first 3 days of every month at 6.00pm.
- FESTIVAL OF HYMNS: Diocesan Festival of hymns will hold in this church in November. Details would be announced later.
- ADMISSION INTO AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY (ACU), OYO: Admission forms into Ajayi Crowther University (ACU), Oyo are now available for sale in the Vicar’s office at N6,000 per form Account Number: 9202409902
Bank Name: Stanbic IBTC Plc, Account Name: Ajayi Crowther University. Please check the website of the school for more info: https://admission.acu.edu.ng.
WOMEN’S & GIRLS’ ORGANIZATIONS:
- WOMEN’S GUILD VISITATION: Date: Wednesday, 29th August, 2018. Time: 4.00 p.m. Please come and you will be richly blessed.
- THE BUSINESS & PROFESSIONAL WOMEN’S FELLOWSHIP: Date: Saturday, 1st September, 2018. Time: 8.00 a.m. Topic: “Prayer meeting: Perseverance under trial” (James 1: 12) by The Ven. Henry Adelegan. You are all invited.
- 2018 PRE-RESUMPTION PRAYERS for students, parents and teachers on Saturday, 1st September, 2018 at Faith Plaza by 10.00am prompt.
- WOMEN OF GRACE MEETING: Next Sunday, 2nd September, 2018. Topic: “Leaning On God” Text: Luke 2: 37; 1 Timothy 5: 5 -10, Venue: Chapel Extension by Mrs. Chinwe Daras, immediately after the service.
- PARISH CHARITY DAY: Please note that our next Charity Day for the needy within our environment comes up in due course. We appeal for donations in cash and kind. Items needed include: Food stuff (Rice, beans, yams, noodles, vegetable oil, provisions etc); new and fairly used clothings, kitchen utensils etc. These items should be deposited with the Vicar’s wife, any of the Curates’ wives or at the church Administrative Office. May God bles you as you do so. Amen.
- 2018 ANNUAL DUES: All women are reminded of the payment of Mothers’ Union & Women’s Guild annual dues of N2,000= each. Kindly see the Vicar’s wife or any of the Curates wives for the payment.
- WIDOWS’ WELFARE FUND: Kindly donate towards the Fund established to assist the widows of this church and God would visit you and all yours.
OTHER INFORMATION FROM OUR PARISH
- CONFIRMATION CLASSES FOR YEAR 2018 after the 11am service today, at the main church. Registered candidates should please note and attend immediately second service and more members can still register and begin to attend.
- OUR SUNDAY SCHOOL CHILDREN: We appeal to all Children Sunday School Teachers to be more vigilant because of the information that kidnappers, abductors and other miscreants now attend church services especially at Sunday School and disguise as worshippers with the sole purpose of stealing children. They should be kept in the chapel and their classrooms and must not be left unattended to for any reason. We appreciate all our teachers.
- OVERCOMERS’ HOUR: Our Overcomers’ Hour has now been reverted to 1st Day of every month at 6.30am. It is crucial to start every month with prayers.
- CLERGY VACATION – 2018: Please note our clergy vacation for the year 2018 as follows:
The Ven. Julius O. Oyediran – August 16 – Sept. 5 & Oct. 16 – Nov. 15
The Ven. Tunde Oduwole – August 1 – September 15
The Ven. Dr. Festus Ajayi – Sept. 13 -23 & Oct. 1 -31
The Ven. Folorunso O. Agbelusi – Aug. 13 – September 23
The Revd. Canon Taiwo Awosika – July 16-31/Oct. 18-31
The Revd Charles A. Ezeh – July 2 – July 31
The Revd Silas Okoh – August 1 – 28
- THE PARISH CHURCH COUNCIL MEETING:– The PCC members will meet on Thursday, 30th August, 2018 at 5 p.m. Venue: Church Hall. All members are to please collect their papers from the Front Office today or within the week.
- OUR 2018 HARVESTS’ DATES:
Harvest Launch / Rogation Sunday – 6th May, 2018
Women’s Harvest – 10th June, 2018
Professionals’ Harvest – 22nd July, 2018
Children & Young People’s Harvest – 9th September, 2018
Adults’ Harvest – 14th October, 2018
7. THE CHURCH APPEALS to all those who are gifted in singing, drumming and/or playing any instruments of music and are not members of the Choir and Band to please register with Rev. Charles Ezeh. We have the entire month of August to do this. The Lord needs you to start to use your musical gifts to honour, worship and glorify Him. God will bless you for doing this in Jesus name.
8. THE CHILDREN REHABILITATION MINISTRY (CRM) would appreciate and hereby call on members of our church to assist and look around their neighbourhood for homeless children. Should be between the ages of 4-15years. Kindly direct them to members for follow up and assessment. Please don’t delay. God is waiting to change the lives of these children.
9. *SAVE A LIFE* HELP A MEMBER OF OUR CHURCH WITH CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE who needs 3 regular renal dyalisis at an estimated cost of N400,000.00 per month. Send your donation (cash/cheques) in favour of Our Saviour’s Church and indicate on the envelope or back of the cheque “For a member with Kidney Disease”.
10. DONATIONS TO THE CHURCH MADE EASY: To facilitate paying our Tithes, Offerings and other donations, the following have been put in place:
(a) DIRECT PAYMENT can be made by NEFT, etc into Zenith Bank Acct. No: 1012760579 with sort code No: 057150107. Please specify the purpose such as Tithes, Harvest pledges, Celebrating God’s goodness, Mission Seed, Clergy Pension, etc.
(b) Payments can also be made in the UK to Union Bank UK Plc Our Saviour’s Church, TBS, Lagos Account No: 016298- BPCCARES-OO; IBAN-GB10UBUK 23579701629800.
- PILGRIMAGE! PILGRIMAGE!! PILGRIMAGE!!!: Registration for pilgrimage to Jerusalem is now on at First Dolphin Travels and Tours Ltd. Intending Pilgrims should get a flyer from the church office. Visit us at Bola Memorial Anglican Church, 2nd floor, Onigbagbo House. 29, Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way, Ikeja, Lagos or call the number below for further details/enquires: call: Bunmi: 08095018833.
- Banns of Marriage: We announce the Banns of marriage between: Ugochukwu Nelson Ajuonuma and Chidinma Jachinma Njoku for the third time. Any impediment should please be forwarded to the Vicar.
- The Literature and Publications Committee requests the submission of entries for the December 2018 edition of ‘The Good Tidings Magazine’. The entries may be in the form of articles, jokes, riddles, cartoons, etc. Please send soft copies of your entries to “email@example.com”. If desired, authors may send in their photographs along with their entries. Please note the committee will review the entries and where contextual amendments are necessary, the committee will contact the author for approval.
- FUNERAL ANNOUNCEMENT:
a.) We share in the pains of the entire Ebor family on the sudden call to glory of their husband and father – Mr. Oluwasegun Osareme Samson Ebor (a member of Guild of Steward) Aged: 64 years who died on Monday, 20th August, 2018. Details of the burial are as follow: Wednesday, 5th September, 2018 – Service of Songs at Our Saviour’s Church Hall, Time: 5.00pm, Thursday, 6th September, 2018 – Christian wake at his resident No. 14 Olusegun Ojeleye street, Ibudo Penisula Estate Ajiwe, Ajah, Lekki, Lagos. by friends and well wishers; Friday, 7th September, 2018 – burial service at Our Saviour’s Church, TBS, Lagos. Time: 10.00 a.m.
b.) We share in the pains of the entire Igbayabe family on the home call to glory of the Matrach Mrs. Bose Igbayabe Aged: 92 years. Details of the burial arrangements are as follow:
1.) Christian Wake Service on Thursday, 4th October, 2018 at the Chapel extension by 5.00pm.
2.) Burial Service on Friday, 5th October, 2018 at Our Saviour’s Church, TBS. Time: 10.00am.
c.) We share in the pains of the entire Bassey and Jaiyeola families on the call to glory of their wife and mother, Mrs. Esther ’Lola Bassey (Nee Jaiyeola) who died on Thursday, 23rd August, 2018 at 66years.
Details of her burial are as follow:
Service of songs: Wednesday, 29th August, 2018
Venue: Our Saviour’s Church, Chapel extension
Commendation Service: Thursday, 30th August, 2018,
Venue: Our Saviour’s Church, TBS, Lagos
REQUEST FOR EMPLOYMENT/INDUSTRIAL ATTACHMENT:
S/No. Qualification/Discipline M/F Age Experience
1. B.Sc. in Botany M 29
2. M.Sc. Energy Future (Oil & Gas) M 34 6 years
3. B.Sc. (Hons) Marketing F 35 9 years
4. B.Sc. Agric Economics M 26 NYSC
5. B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering M 25 A year
6. HND Est. Management M 5 years
7. B.Sc. Mass Communication F 24 2 years
8. B.Sc. Biochemistry, M.Sc Food Bioscience M 2 years
9. B.Sc. Banking & Finance F 21 A year
10. B.Sc. Mathematics M 24 NYSC
11. B.Sc (Hons) Economics
12. B.Sc. (Hons) Business Admin. F 33 A year
13. B.Sc. Physics and Industrial Physics 25
14. B.Sc Agribusiness and Management 23
15. B. Eng. Chemical Engineering M 31 3 years
NOTE OUR PRIESTS’ TELEPHONE NUMBERS FOR PRAYERS, COUNSELLING AND INFORMATION:
The Vicar – The Ven Julius Oyetunde Oyediran – 08034093493, 08128217774, 08075790434;
Curates – The Ven. Obinna Ulogwara – 07033776700
The Ven. Tunde Oduwole – 08023218891
The Ven. Dr. Festus Oluwole A. Ajayi – 08023677896, 08075790572;
The Ven. Folorunso OreOluwa Agbelusi – 08035734830, 0807 5790516;
The Revd Canon Taiwo Awosika – 08030833588, 08150965090;
The Revd Charles Ezeh – 08034862599; 08080021449
The Revd. Silas Okoh – 08035264332