- WELCOME: VISITORS & THOSE WORSHIPPING AFTER A LONG ABSENCE FROM THE CHURCH: The Clergy, Wardens and Council welcome you on behalf of the congregation to our church. We are truly pleased that you have chosen to worship God along with us today and share in our joy. We invite you to complete our Welcome Form and hand it to the Stewards at the end of the service. Kindly wait after the service for a meeting with the welcome team.
- 2022 MOTHERING SUNDAY: We rejoice with all our women on the occasion of Year 2022 Mothering Sunday and pray that God would continue to strengthen them and bless all their endeavours in Jesus name. We however thank members of Men’s Christian Fellowship, Sunday School teachers and Children for their presentations. Special thanks to all our men for their special gifts and the full supports given to our women. We pray that God would bless you all, and grant us more joyous years ahead in the land of the living.
- MEMBERSHIP FORM (UPDATE): Kindly collect an update form from the Guild of Stewards to update your family membership records with the church so as to serve you better. Update form will be available every Sunday: Please pick a copy and submit accordingly.
- ONLINE PRAYER CONFERENCE: Tagged: SHOWERS OF BLESSINGS: This programme comes up every Saturday at 5.30am. Join on Zoom: www.bit.ly/showers-lagosdiocese. Meeting ID: 889 9137 0226, Passcode: Lagos Dio OR watch/Listen on: facebook/DioceseofLagos/Live, LagoonTV/Live/www.Lagoon Radio.
- DIOCESAN HEALING & CHARISMATIC SERVICE: The diocesan Healing and Charismatic Service holds every first Sunday of the month at The Cathedral Church of Christ, Marina at 4.00pm. The one for the month of April, would hold on Sunday, 3rd April, 2022 at 4.00pm. You are all cordially invited.
- CALL FOR ARTICLES FOR GOOD TIDINGS: You are invited to submit inspiring and original articles for publication in the next edition of Good Tidings magazine. The articles should be essays, short stories, poems, puzzles, jokes or comics on Health, Marriage, Business, Education, Legal matters, Sports, Entrepreneurship, Christianity, Language, History, Parenting, Career, IT, Youths, Children, and other areas in life. Kindly forward the soft copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PARISH CHURCH COUNCIL MEETING:- The Inaugural Parish Church Council meeting comes up on Thursday, 31st March, 2022 at 5.00pm. Venue: Church Hall. All members should please note and attend promptly.
- ELDERS’ FELLOWSHIP FAITH CLINIC: The next monthly Diocesan Elders’ Fellowship Faith Clinic will hold on Thursday, 31st March, at Our Saviour’s Church, T B S, Lagos from 9:00am. Those concerned should please note and attend promptly.
- 2022 HARVEST PROGRAMME: are as follows:-
Rogation Sunday – 22nd May, 2022
Women’s Harvest – 26th June, 2022
Professionals’ Harvest 24th July, 2022
Children & Young Peoples’ Harvest – 28th August, 2022
Adult Harvest – 23rd October, 2022
Gleaners’ Harvest – 13th November, 2022
Harvest Committee Chairman, Barr (Mrs). Ayotola Ayodeji.
- THE LENTEN SEASON: The Lenten Season is a season of sober reflection, an opportunity to pray more, read the scriptures the more, to do charity and seek the face of God the more. May the spirit of the Living God be upon us as we move on in this Holy Season. Let us remember that we will be having the Lenten diet everyday by 6.00pm and Saturdays with Holy Communion by 7.00am.
- THE FIRST SESSION OF THE THIRTY-FIFTH SYNOD: The First Session of the 35th Synod of the Diocese of Lagos will hold from Sunday, 1st to Wednesday, 4th May, 2022 with the theme: “ECCLESIASTICAL POLYGAMY: IT IS TIME TO COME HOME AND STAY HOME. (John 4: 21 -24). Members should please note and pray for the president of Synod and all the delegates, for successful deliberations.
- INVITATION TO THE 60TH BIRTHDAY THANKSGIVING OF THE VEN. BABATUNDE A. ODUWOLE: You are cordially invited to the Diamond Jubilee birthday of our Venerabe Babatunde Oduwole today Sunday 27th March, 2022 at 2.00pm. Kindly join and fellowship with us as we celebrate our own today.
- DIOCESAN SELECTION CONFERENCE: Those interested in joining the priesthood are invited for screening which will be carried out at Parish & Archdeaconry levels and should be well dressed with original and photocopies of their credentials with Baptismal, Confirmation and Marriage Certificates. Kindly liaise with the Vicar or any of the Assisting Priests for further instructions.
- ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF LADGOS (LAGOS DIOCESAN GUILD OF STEWARDS):- We thank God for the successful Annual General meeting of Lagos Diocesan Guild of Stewards last Sunday, and congratulate Sis Yemisi Adeogun, the first female LADGOS President for a successful 6-year tenure together with her team, of whom Dame Princess Karenate-Egbuson from Our Saviour’s Church, TBS held the post of the Publicity Secretary. Please welcome and rejoice with Bro. Yinka Oyeyipo as the new LADGOS President with his team. The new Publicity Secretary is our very own Guild of Stewards member , Mrs Charity Ajayi as one of the Principal Officers. We say thanks for the commitment and excellent service of her predecessor and we pray for more glorious achievements through the new team.
We also congratulate the new LADGOS Archdeaconry team led by Mr.Raph Ezeudu from Our Saviour’s Church TBS as the Archdeaconry Chairman. May their services in His vineyard be acceptable in the sight of our Heavenly Father.
- YOUTH SUNDAY: Comes up 3rd Sunday of every month.
- REVIVAL: Comes up 5th Sunday of month.
- EVENSONG TO BE CONDUCTED BY THE MINISTRIES/ FELLOWSHIPS OF THE CHURCH: Ministries/Groups would be participating in our Evensong on 2nd & 4th Sundays of every month. It would take effect from February, 2022.
April 10th 2022 – Business Fellowship
May 8th 2022 – Guild of Stewards May 22nd 2022 – HVM/Church Clinic
June 12th 2022 – Counselling Ministry June 26th 2022 – Women’s & Girls
July 10th 2022 – Children Rehab. Ministry. July 24th 2022 – Elders’ Fellowship
- WOMEN’S CORNER: Don’t miss out on all the programmes of the women Virtual meetings on all the WhatsApp groups of the women. Kindly see any of the Clergywives, so you can be added. The women programme are as follows:
Ai.) Mothers’ Union – 1st Tuesday of the month by 4.00pm. and 3rd Saturday by
ii.) Mother’s Union Enrolment: All women who got married in Church or had their
marriages blessed should please contact the Clergy wives for registration.
iii.) Young Women’s Fellowship – 3rd Sunday by 4.00pm.
iv.) Sacrificial Subscription: As from first Sunday in March, the women will be
bringing their envelopes/ cards to the Altar in thanksgiving. Names, Phone
number, Amount and the Month should be boldly written on the envelope for
- SACRIFICE SUBSCRIPTION: This is the women’s contribution to the Diocese, For transfer, please use this account no: 3040280465 – First Bank of Nig. Plc. – Name of the account: Diocese of Lagos, Women & Girls Organizations. Kindly notify any of the clergy wives as soon as the transfer is being made and see clergy wives for your card. God bless you.
- THE ELDERS’ FELLOWSHIP:-
The Fellowship now operates a New Account with UBA. Members can now latch onto it and make direct payments into the Account. Account’s Name; Elders’ Fellowship OSC. Account’s No: 2198651525. Bank; UBA.
- CASHLESS POLICY FOR THE CHURCH:-
Please note that the Church has decided to comply with the cashless policy of this country and also avoid carrying cash around due to Covid-19. In view of this the followings should be noted henceforth for Offerings, Tithes, Annual Dues, Harvest Pledges, and other payments.
- Cheques/Drafts in favour of ‘Our Saviour’s Church, TBS, Lagos to reduce cash flow.
- Direct Transfer into Zenith Bank Account No: 1012760579 or First Bank A/C No: 2004163888.
- Payments can also be made in the UK to Union Bank UK Plc, Our Saviour’s Church, TBS, Lagos Account No:016298-BPCCARES- OO; IBAN-GB10UBUK 23579701629800.
(d) POS would be provided at every service so as to enable members transfer
- INVITATION: The Business Fellowship hereby invites registered parishioners who are interested in attaining success in whatever they do for living and serving the Lord to join the fellowship. New members will be admitted soon. Please put down your names and telephone numbers with the church’s administrative secretary.
- IKOYI PRISON SURGERY THEATRE – APPEAL FUND FOR CONSTRUCTION: The Minor Theatre and upgrade for existing Clinic at Ikoyi Prison which have received Prison authority’s approval and blessing of the Church is on-going. The Prison Welfare Ministry therefore appeals to parishioners and their friends to donate generously towards the early completion of the project. Remember our Lord’s injunction in Matthew 25 v 36 that we should minister unto the sick and those in prison. Fellow parishioners, this is the time to do it for our Lord and Saviour. Please indicate Prison Surgical Theatre on your cheque or transfer.
- COUNSELLING MINISTRY: PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION TO MARRY AT OUR SAVIOUR’S CHURCH: With the kind permission of our Vicar, we are directed to inform all the couples intending to marry at Our Church to take note of the following:-
- Couples must personally seek audience with the Vicar to confirm the date of their marriage and obtain vital information regarding their registration with the relevant government authorities.
- The Vicar, and the Church Administrator, Mr. Mike Ipadeola will each reserve the wedding date and time in their diaries .
- The couple will be referred to the Counselling Ministry for the compulsory Marriage Counselling, organised by the Clergy and the Counselling Ministry. Bans of Marriage will be published only after the requirements for appropriate registration with the government authorities’ requirements have been met.
- Couples who cannot see the Vicar in-person, may be represented by their
parents, but Counselling Requirements cannot be waived. They are conducted
online for now, where necessary.
- Brides and their Bridesmaids must be dressed decently on the wedding day.
- Where the Bride and/or her maids are indecently dressed, the Church
will insist that they wear capes (that will be provided by the Church), to
conceal their delicate body parts.
Please comply with these conditions to avoid any disappointment or distress.