GREETINGS AND FELICITATION
1a. All glory, honour and praises to God for His faithfulness and goodness that have hitherto preserved all of us. We welcome all our parishioners and other worshippers at this service. God will surround all of us with His presence and favour, and also steadily and with Divine speed fulfill His purposes in our lives and families in Jesus name.
- We welcome all those who are worshipping with us for the first time into our midst and pray that God will orchestrate new and unimaginable miracles in their lives and families. We appeal that they should kindly wait briefly after the service to interact with the “WELCOME TEAM.” They are to exit the church through the door on the lectern side of the church.
- We congratulate and felicitate with all those who celebrate their birthdays, wedding anniversaries, and other landmark events this week. God will continue to protect and guide them. He will also sustain their joy and continue to be mindful of them and their desires and aspirations in Jesus name.
- POSTPONEMENT OF OUR YEAR 2018 ADULT HARVEST:- Our Adult Harvest Thanksgiving and Love Feast have been postponed to Sunday, 28th October, 2018 for logistics. We appeal to members to pray along and prepare adequately for a successful harvest. We also apologize for any inconveniences that this might cause.
- OUR WEEK AT A GLANCE:
(a) Daily Holy Communion @ 7.15 a.m. (Mondays-Fridays)
(b) Choir Practice – 6.00 p.m. on Tuesdays & Thursdays
(c) Mid-Week Holy Communion @ 7.15 a.m on Wednesdays
(d) Mid-Week Prayer Meeting (Divine Intervention) @ 6.00p.m. on Wednesdays
(e) Women’s Guild Bible Study/Meeting @ 4.00 p.m. on Wednesdays
(f) Bible Study @ 3.00 p.m. & 6.00 p.m. on Fridays.
(g) Overcomers’ Hour @ 6.30 a.m. (1st Day of every month)
(h) Divine Encounter (monthly vigil) to start @ 10.00 p.m. (Last Friday)
(i) Bible School @ 9.00 a.m. – 11 a.m every Saturday from February 17, 2018.
(j) Men’s Christian Fellowship @ 10.00 a.m. on the 3rd Saturday of every month.
All those who are concerned should please endeavour to attend punctually.
- MONTHLY BAPTISM: Our baptism holds every first Saturday of the month. Please plan to key into this, as your preferred date could clash with other programmes and can lead to rejection of your date.
- 2018 FAMILY HARVEST/THANKSGIVING:- Please note that our Year 2018 Family Harvest/Thanksgiving is still continue and the following families should note their dates and respond positively.
God expects each family to appear before Him at least once a year for thanksgiving and re-dedication. As families, it is important to give thanks in appreciation of His faithfulness and goodness to us and to also rededicate and recommit all members of our families to Him for safe-keeping, provision, defence, sustenance, preservation, good health, victory and joy.
The following families should please note the dates of their thanksgiving
14th October, 2018: Nwandos, Nwankwos, Nwekes, Nwaghodos, Nwigwes, Nwokedi-Uchennas, Nwokos, Nwokolos, Nworahs, Nwosas, Nwoyes, Nzekwesis, Nzimakos, Obajimis, Oba-Nicols, Obayiuwanas, Obis, Obianwus, Obianyors, Obidikes, Obieris, Obikilis, Obikpos, Obiokoyes, Obiorahs, Obodowurus.
21st October, 2018 Obus, Odebeatus, Odekas, Odelolas, Odemelamis, Odetundes, Odias, Odimukos, Odinas, Odos, Odubayos, Odubelas, Odukoyas, Odunwas, Odusotes, Oduwoles, Ofoches, Ofonagoros, Ofulues, Ogbajis, Ogbemis, Ogbines, Ogbonas, Ogbonnas, Ogbudikes, Ogbues .
28th October, 2018 Ogbunamiris, Ogbuzes, Oghenekaros, Ogheneorueses,
Ogohs, Oguchis, Oguhs, Ogunaikes, Ogunbekuns, Ogunkuas, Ogunleyes, Ogunsulires, Ohens, Ojis, Ojos, Okafors, Okagbues, Okakors, Okangs, Okekes, Okerekes, Okerindes Okewolas, Okins, Okobarahs.
INFORMATION FROM THE DIOCESE:
- DIOCESAN HEALING & CHARISTMATIC SERVICE: The diocesan healing and Charistmatic Service holds every first sunday of the month at The Cathedral Church of Christ, Marina, Lagos by 4.00pm. Another edition holds today
Sunday, 7th October, 2018.
- POWER FOR THE MONTH: In line with the Diocesan directive, the parish is starting a one hour daily intensive prayers on the first 3 days of every month at 6.00pm.
- NOTIFICATION OF EPISCOPAL VISITS TO CHURCHES & OFFICIAL PRESENTATION OF THE BANNER FOR THE CENTENARY OF THE DIOCESE OF LAGOS: Please note that our Diocesan, The Rt. Rev’d Dr. Humphrey Bamisebi Olumakiye has slated Wednesday, 17th October, 2018 at 2.00p.m for the Episcopal visits to churches in the Diocese of Lagos including our Parish, and also present the Centenary Banner of the Diocese. All members should please, endeavour to attend promptly.
- DIOCESAN CITY-WIDE CRUSADE:- Members of the congregation are invited to the next City-Wide Crusade of the Diocese of Lagos slated for 21st – 23rd November, 2018 at Tafawa Balewa Square Complex. Please note the dates down and attend.
- FESTIVAL OF HYMNS: Diocesan Festival of hymns will hold in this church on Sunday, 18th November, 2018 at 4.00 p.m. It will feature the Joint Choir of the Diocese of Lagos.
- ADMISSION INTO AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY (ACU), OYO: Admission forms into Ajayi Crowther University (ACU), Oyo are now available for sale in the Vicar’s office at N6,000 per form Account Number: 9202409902.
Bank Name: Stanbic IBTC Plc, Account Name: Ajayi Crowther University. Please check the website of the school for more info: https://admission.acu.edu.ng.
- THE BISHOP’S WALK WITH THE DIOCESAN YOUTH ON SATURDAY, 13TH OCTOBER, 2018 AGAINST DRUG ABUSE: The Diocesan with the Diocesan Youths and Clergy will have a WALK to create awareness against drug abuse as mentioned above. Members can join us and are also enjoined to speak up against drug abuse at different fora. Please pray along.
WOMEN’S & GIRLS’ ORGANIZATIONS:
- WOMEN OF GRACE MEETING: Today, Sunday, 7th October, 2018. Topic: “In Christ Alone, My Hope Is Found” Text: 1 Peter 1: 3, 13; John 8: 12 Venue: Chapel Extension by Mrs. Ngozi Arinze, immediately after the 8.00 am service.
- WOMEN’S GUILD MEETING/Bible Study: Date: Wednesday, 10th October, 2018. Time: 4.00 p.m. Topic: “The tables were turned” (Esther 9: 1 – 17) by Dr (Mrs.) Sola Dublin-Green Please come and you will be richly blessed.
- IKOYI ARCHDEACONRY WOMEN’S QUARTERLY MEETING:- Date: Sunday, 14th October, 2018. Venue: Our Saviour’s Church, TBS, Lagos. Time: 11 a.m. Those concern should please note and attend.
- PARISH CHARITY DAY: Comes up on Saturday, 13th October, 2018 by the grace of God. We want to thank our members who have responded positively and appeal for more donations in cash and kind.
- A DAY CONFERENCE: There will be a day conference of all women on Friday, 16th November, 2018 by 8.00am at Faith Plaza. All women should be in their uniform – White on Blue or Green. Please come and and you will be richly blessed.
- 2018 ANNUAL DUES: All women are reminded of the payment of Mothers’ Union & Women’s Guild annual dues of N2,000= each. Kindly see the Vicar’s wife or any of the Curates wives for the payment.
- WIDOWS’ WELFARE FUND: Kindly donate towards the Fund established to assist the widows of this church and God would visit you and all yours.
OTHER INFORMATION FROM OUR PARISH
- CONFIRMATION CLASSES FOR YEAR 2018 after the 11am service today, at the main church. The Confirmation Service has been fixed for Sunday, 21st October, 2018 at 9.00 a.m. Joint Service. Registered candidates should please attend the class immediately after the 11.00am Service.
- OSC BIBLE SCHOOL (SECOND TERM – STEWARDSHIP STAGE):- All our registered Bible School students are hereby inform that the Stewardship stage will run through the month of October, that is, every Saturday in October from 9.00 a.m. to Noon. Please come with your Study Guide, writing materials etc.
- OUR SUNDAY SCHOOL CHILDREN: We appeal to all Children SundaySchool Teachers to be more vigilant because of the information that kidnappers, abductors and other miscreants now attend church services especially at Sunday School and disguise as worshippers with the sole purpose of stealing children. They should be kept in the chapel and their classrooms and must not be left unattended to for any reason. We appreciate all our teachers.
- OVERCOMERS’ HOUR: Our Overcomers’ Hour has now been reverted to 1st Day of every month at 6.30am. It is crucial to start every month with prayers.
- CLERGY VACATION – 2018: Please note our clergy vacation for the year 2018 as follows:
The Ven. Dr. Julius O. Oyediran – August 16 – Sept. 5 & Oct. 30 – Nov. 30
The Ven. Tunde Oduwole – August 1 – September 15
The Ven. Dr. Festus Ajayi – Sept. 13 -23 & Oct. 1 -31
The Ven. Folorunso O. Agbelusi – Aug. 13 – September 23
The Revd. Canon Taiwo Awosika – July 16-31/Oct. 18-31
The Revd Charles A. Ezeh – July 2 – July 31
The Revd Silas Okoh – August 1 – 28
- OUR 2018 HARVESTS’ DATES:
- Harvest Launch / Rogation Sunday – 6th May, 2018
- Women’s Harvest – 10th June, 2018
- Professionals’ Harvest – 22nd July, 2018
- Children & Young People’s Harvest – 9th September, 2018
- Adults’ Harvest – 28th October, 2018
- Gleaner’s Harvest
- THE CHURCH APPEALS to all those who are gifted in singing, drumming and/or playing any instruments of music and are not members of the Choir and Band to please register with Rev. Charles Ezeh. The Lord needs you to start to use your musical gifts to honour, worship and glorify Him. God will bless you for doing this in Jesus name.
- ELDERS FELLOWSHIP OF OUR SAVIOUR’S CHURCH, TBS: The monthly meeting of the Elders Fellowship of Our Saviour’s Church, T.B.S, Lagos will hold on Wednesday, 10th October, 2018 in the Chapel Extension at 10am prompt. There will be a Bible Study. All elders of 65years and above are cordially invited.
- THE CHILDREN REHABILITATION MINISTRY (CRM) would appreciate and hereby call on members of our church to assist and look around their neighbourhood for homeless children. Should be between the ages of 4-15years. Kindly direct them to members for follow up and assessment. Please don’t delay. God is waiting to change the lives of these children.
- LAGOS DIOCESE HEALTH WEEK 2018 – ‘ST LUKE’S THE EVANGELIST CELEBRATION:- Our Diocesan has directed the Lagos Medical Commission to carry out Health Week every year in October. The one for this year has been slated for Monday October 15th to Sunday, October 21, 2018. Kindly note the dates and attend accordingly.
- DONATIONS TO THE CHURCH MADE EASY: To facilitate paying our Tithes, Offerings and other donations, the following have been put in place:
(a) DIRECT PAYMENT can be made by NEFT, etc into Zenith Bank Acct. No: 1012760579 with sort code No: 057150107. Please specify the purpose such as Tithes, Harvest pledges, Celebrating God’s goodness, Mission Seed, Clergy Pension, etc.
(b) Payments can also be made in the UK to Union Bank UK Plc,Our Saviour’s Church, TBS, Lagos Account No: 016298- BPCCARES-OO; IBAN-GB10UBUK 23579701629800.
- Banns of Marriage: We announce the Banns of marriage between:
Oloruntimilehin Orepitan & Oladipo Obakayode Eso for the second time. Any impediment should please be forwarded to the Vicar.
- FUNERAL ANNOUNCEMENT:
We share in the pains of the followings:
- a) Maysie Delvera Dankaro, the children, in-laws, members of the Elders’ Fellowship and entire members of the church on the call to glory of Mr. David Dankaro on Friday, 21st September, 2018. Aged: 95 Years. Burial arrangement are as follows: Thursday, 18th Oct- ober, 2018 – Service of Songs at Our Saviour’s Church, Hall at
5.00 pm; Friday, 19th October, 2018 – Funeral Service at Our Saviour’s Church, TBS, Lagos at 10.00 a.m.
(b) Funeral arrangements for Mama Gold Adaeke Ugba (mother-in- law and mother of Dr. Phil & Mrs. Lizzie Ofulue respectively) are as follows: Thursday, 8th November, 2018 – Service of Songs in the family compound, 101 Isah Road, Ogwashi-Uku, Delta State. Time: 5.00 p.m.; Friday, 9th November, 2018 – Funeral Service in the family compound as above. Time: 10.00 a.m; Sunday, 11th Novem- ber, 2018 – Outing & Thanksgiving Service at Immanuel Ang. Church, Ogwashi-Uku, Delta State. Time: 9.00 a.m.
(c) Lady Mary Nmema Onwuka (wife); Mr. & Mrs. Emeka Onwuka (chil- dren), grand-children and great grand-children on the call to glory of their husband, father and father-in-law, grand father, and great grand- father, Sir (Chief) Harrison Isikaku Onwuka. Aged: 88 yrs. He was a devout member of the Anglican church, member of the PCC at St. Michael’s Ang. Church, Okaiuga. Funeral ceremonies are as follows: Thursday, 18th October, 2018 – Service of Songs at his compound, Umuosu-Okaiuga at 4.00 p.m.; Friday, 19th Octo- ber, 2018 – Funeral Service at St. Michael’s Ang. Church, Umuosu- Okaiuga at 11.00 a.m.; Sunday, 21st October, 2018 – Thanksgiv- ing Service at St. Michael’s Ang. Church, Umuosu-Okaiuga at 10.00 a.m.