GREETINGS AND FELICITATION
1a. All glory, honour and praises to God for His faithfulness and goodness that have hitherto preserved all of us. We welcome all our parishioners and other worshippers at this service. God will surround all of us with His presence and favour, and also steadily and with Divine speed fulfill His purposes in our lives and families in Jesus name.
- We welcome all those who are worshipping with us for the first time into our midst and pray that God will orchestrate new and unimaginable miracles in their lives and families. We appeal that they should kindly wait briefly after the service to interact with the “WELCOME TEAM.” They are to exit the church through the door on the lectern side of the church.
- APPOINTMENT OF SIR DR. IKE NWOKOLO, OFR AS A DIOCESAN AUDITOR PLENIPOTENTIARY: We congratulate and felicitate with Sir Ike Nwokolo and his entire family on his appointment by the Diocesan Bishop of Lagos as Diocesan Auditor plenipotentiary as recognition of his meritorious services to the diocese as ‘Diocesan Auditor’ for several years. All these services were rendered excellently, faithfully and for gratis. May God preserve and reward him immeasurably in Jesus name.
- APPRECIATION – RE: 2018 CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE’S HARVEST: All glory, honour and adoration unto our Lord and Saviour, for last Sunday’s Harvest Thanksgiving amd Love Feast. We appreciate our Chairman and his wife, Chief Josiah & Mrs. Chioma Mgbemena, our Parent of the Day. Chief Adebayo & Chief (Mrs) Kemi Sarumi, all other supporters both within and outside, and members of the congregation that contributed in one way or the other to the event. May God continue to shower His blessings on you all.
- We appreciate our Youth for coordinating today’s Service at 8.00am, and pray for more grace so as to serve the Lord with their time, talents and treasure.
- We congratulate and felicitate with all those who celebrate their birthdays, wedding anniversaries, and other landmark events this week. God will continue to protect and guide them. He will also sustain their joy and continue to be mindful of them and their desires and aspirations in Jesus name.
- OUR WEEK AT A GLANCE:
(a) Daily Holy Communion @ 7.15 a.m. (Mondays-Fridays)
(b) Choir Practice – 6.00 p.m. on Tuesdays & Thursdays
(c) Mid-Week Holy Communion @ 7.15 a.m on Wednesdays
(d) Mid-Week Prayer Meeting (Divine Intervention) @ 6.00p.m. on Wednesdays
(e) Women’s Guild Bible Study/Meeting @ 4.00 p.m. on Wednesdays
(f) Bible Study @ 3.00 p.m. & 6.00 p.m. on Fridays.
(g) Overcomers’ Hour @ 6.30 a.m. (1st Day of every month)
(h) Divine Encounter (monthly vigil) to start @ 10.00 p.m. (Last Friday)
(i) Bible School @ 9.00 a.m. – 11 a.m every Saturday from February 17, 2018.
(j) Men’s Christian Fellowship @ 10.00 a.m. on the 3rd Saturday of every month.
All those who are concerned should please endeavour to attend punctually.
- MONTHLY BAPTISM: Our baptism holds every first Saturday of the month. Please plan to key into this, as your preferred date could clash with other programmes and can lead to rejection of your date.
- 2018 FAMILY HARVEST/THANKSGIVING:- Please note that our Year 2018 Family Harvest/Thanksgiving is still continue and the following families should note their dates and respond positively. God expects each family to appear before Him at least once a year for thanksgiving and re-dedication. As families, it is important to give thanks in appreciation of His faithfulness and goodness to us and to also rededicate and recommit all members of our families to Him for safe-keeping, provision, defence, sustenance, preservation, good health, victory and joy.
The following families should please note the dates of their thanksgiving
23rd September, 2018 Igbunors, Igwes, Ihamas, Ihegborows, Ihejirikas, Ilunos, Ikeakors, Ikebeotus, Ikegwuanis, Ikejianis, Ikejiani-Ajayis, Ikokwus, Ikoli-Oluwos, Ilegbodus, Ilekas, Imos, Imoukhuedes, Inegbedins, Inyangs, Ipadeolas, Irohas, Iruamis, Isemedes, Jacobs, James, Johns.
30th September, 2018 Karenate-Egbusons, Karibis, Kayodes, Kejawas, Kraghas, Kukus, Kwazemas, Ladis, Laludes, Laoyes, Lapites, Legg-Jacks, Leghemos, Madusmes, Majekodunmis, Majorohs, Maselugbos, Matebeses, Mbas, Mbahs, Mbanugos, Mbeledogus, Mbelus.
7th October, 2018 Mgbemenas, Mogors, Mokas, Mudashirus, Mumuneys, Nginis, Nicols, Njokus, Nkwojis, Nmadus, Nmezis, Nnamdi-Ogbines, Nnamdi-Umehs, Nwabasilis, Nwabunikes, Nwachukwus, Nwaekwus, Nwagbaras, Nwagbosos, Nwakalors, Nwakwesis, Nwakwesis, Nwamemes.
INFORMATION FROM THE DIOCESE:
- DIOCESAN HEALING & CHARISMATIC SERVICE: The diocesan healing and Charismatic Service holds every first Sunday of the month at The Cathedral Church of Christ, Marina, Lagos by 4.00pm.
- POWER FOR THE MONTH: In line with the Diocesan directive, the parish is starting a one hour daily intensive prayers on the first 3 days of every month at 6.00pm.
- FESTIVAL OF HYMNS: Diocesan Festival of hymns will hold in this church on Sunday, 18th November, 2018 at 4.00 p.m. It will feature the Joint Choir of the Diocese of Lagos.
- ADMISSION INTO AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY (ACU), OYO: Admission forms into Ajayi Crowther University (ACU), Oyo are now available for sale in the Vicar’s office at N6,000 per form Account Number: 9202409902
Bank Name: Stanbic IBTC Plc, Account Name: Ajayi Crowther University. Please check the website of the school for more info: https://admission.acu.edu.ng.
- LAGOS DIOCESAN ANNUAL CLERGY SCHOOL/DAILY HOLY COMMUNION SERVICE: The Lagos Diocesan annual Clergy School runs from Monday, September 24 to Friday, September 28, 2018. As a result of this, Monday to Friday, Daily Holy Communion will not hold, but arrangement will be made for Wednesday, 26th September, 2018 Mid-Week Communion. Members should please, note.
WOMEN’S & GIRLS’ ORGANIZATIONS:
- WOMEN’S GUILD MEETING/Health Talk: Date: Wednesday, 19th September, 2018. Time: 4.00 p.m. Topic: “Neonatal Jaundice” by Dr. Mrs Emi Renner. Please come and you will be richly blessed.
- 2018 ENROLMENT INTO MOTHERS’ UNION:- We congratulate those to be enrolled today as members of the Mothers’ Union and pray that their homes would feel the special touch of Jesus Christ. They are: Uche-Okoli Akuchukwu, Akujobi Eugenia Oluchi, Nwadukwe Ifeoma, Okeke Theresa Obiageli, Obika Chibuikem, Akpobeku Folake, Onyia Tessy Amara, Aina Idowu, Achusi Chineze, Adeyefa Adedolapo Victoria, Ikokwu Chioma Victoria, Egbosimbah Sandra Awele, Idike Ogechukwu, Okonkwo Ngozi, Nwakalor Joan & Nwigwe Chinyere.
- 2018 ANNUAL DUES: All women are reminded of the payment of Mothers’ Union & Women’s Guild annual dues of N2,000= each. Kindly see the Vicar’s wife or any of the Curates wives for the payment.
- WIDOWS’ WELFARE FUND: Kindly donate towards the Fund established to assist the widows of this church and God would visit you and all yours.
OTHER INFORMATION FROM OUR PARISH
- CONFIRMATION CLASSES FOR YEAR 2018 after the 11am service today, at the main church. Registered candidates should please note and attend immediately second service and more members can still register and begin to attend.
- OUR SUNDAY SCHOOL CHILDREN: We appeal to all Children SundaySchool Teachers to be more vigilant because of the information that kidnappers, abductors and other miscreants now attend church services especially at Sunday School and disguise as worshippers with the sole purpose of stealing children. They should be kept in the chapel and their classrooms and must not be left unattended to for any reason. We appreciate all our teachers.
- OVERCOMERS’ HOUR: Our Overcomers’ Hour has now been reverted to 1st Day of every month at 6.30am. It is crucial to start every month with prayers.
- CLERGY VACATION – 2018: Please note our clergy vacation for the year 2018 as follows:
The Ven. Julius O. Oyediran – August 16 – Sept. 5 & Oct. 16 – Nov. 15
The Ven. Tunde Oduwole – August 1 – September 15
The Ven. Dr. Festus Ajayi – Sept. 13 -23 & Oct. 1 -31
The Ven. Folorunso O. Agbelusi – Aug. 13 – September 23
The Revd. Canon Taiwo Awosika – July 16-31/Oct. 18-31
The Revd Charles A. Ezeh – July 2 – July 31
The Revd Silas Okoh – August 1 – 28
- OUR 2018 HARVESTS’ DATES:
- Harvest Launch / Rogation Sunday – 6th May, 2018
- Women’s Harvest – 10th June, 2018
- Professionals’ Harvest – 22nd July, 2018
- Children & Young People’s Harvest – 9th September, 2018
- Adults’ Harvest – 14th October, 2018
- Gleaner’s Harvest
- THE CHURCH APPEALS to all those who are gifted in singing, drumming and/or playing any instruments of music and are not members of the Choir and Band to please register with Rev. Charles Ezeh. The Lord needs you to start to use your musical gifts to honour, worship and glorify Him. God will bless you for doing this in Jesus name.
- MEETING OF THE VICAR & OTHER CLERGY WITH ALL SERVICE GROUPS, MINISTRIES AND FELLOWSHIPS OF THE CHURCH ON SUNDAY, 30TH SEPTEMBER, 2018 AFTER THE COMBINED HEALING AND TESTIMONY SERVICE: The vicar will like to meet with all the above mentioned groups as indicated. We sincerely appeal that all members of those groups should kindly wait behind for the meeting and there will be refreshment afterwards by God’s grace.
- THE CHILDREN REHABILITATION MINISTRY (CRM) would appreciate and hereby call on members of our church to assist and look around their neighbourhood for homeless children. Should be between the ages of 4-15years. Kindly direct them to members for follow up and assessment. Please don’t delay. God is waiting to change the lives of these children.
- LAGOS CITY CHORALE Celebrates 30th Anniversary Concert and Performing “DETTINGEN TE DEUM” by G.F. Handel at Our Saviour’s Church, TBS main church auditorium on Sunday, 30th September, 2018 at 5.00p.m. All parishioners and other worshippers are cordially invited.
- BIBLE SCHOOL STUDENTS’ GENERAL MEETING: An important meeting of the Parish Bible School Students’ holds on Saturday, 22nd September, 2018 at 9.00 a.m. Please be there and tell others.
- BUSINESS FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME: Date: Monday, 17th September, 2018 at 5.00p.m. Venue: Chapel.
- THE BUSINESS FELLOWSHIP OF OUR SAVIOUR’S CHURCH, TBS cordially invites members of the Church to it’s 19th Anniversary breakfast Fellowship, Exhibition, Launching of N10Million Empowerment Fund and Business Seminar Chairman & Chief Launcher: Engr. & Mrs. Moses Kragha, Sponsor: Lady Uche Obi -MD/CEO, Couriermasters, International Ltd. Date: Saturday, 6th October, 2018, Time: 9.00am, Venue: Church Hall.
- Launching of N10million Empowerment Fund.
- Prophetic Declaration on your business.
- Words of Exhortation : Theme- Do we merit His grace, faithfulness and love over us.
- Business seminar: Theme: How to start and run your business successfully, Speaker: Mrs Toki Mabogunje, Principal Consultant, Toki Mabogunje & Co Ltd.
- Free Eye Check by Metro Eyes, Keffi, Lagos
- Free Health Check by The Church Clinic, Our Saviour’s Church, TBS
- Testimony: God in my life
- Sharing of Business Experience by the Exhibitors
- Music Ministration.
- Exhibition & Market Fair
We cordially invite member-entrepreneurs to come and showcase their products in the hall and outside the hall at affordable rates of N15,000- Stage, N10,000 – Floor, N5,000 – Outside. Please pay to the Church account before 30th September, 2018.
Join us to say no to poverty every first Monday of the month in the chapel for fellowship at 6 -8pm apart from public holidays.
- DONATIONS TO THE CHURCH MADE EASY: To facilitate paying our Tithes, Offerings and other donations, the following have been put in place:
(a) DIRECT PAYMENT can be made by NEFT, etc into Zenith Bank Acct. No: 1012760579 with sort code No: 057150107. Please specify the purpose such as Tithes, Harvest pledges, Celebrating God’s goodness, Mission Seed, Clergy Pension, etc.
(b) Payments can also be made in the UK to Union Bank UK Plc,Our Saviour’s Church, TBS, Lagos Account No: 016298- BPCCARES-OO; IBAN-GB10UBUK 23579701629800.
- Banns of Marriage: We announce the Banns of marriage between: Samuel Kelechi Anyamele & Stephanie Ugonna Onwunali for the first time. Any impediment should please be forwarded to the Vicar.
- FUNERAL ANNOUNCEMENT:
- a) With immense gratitude and thanksgiving, the family of Phil and Mrs. Lizzie Ofulue announces the peaceful passage of their Mother, mother-in-law, grandmother, great grandmother and Matriarch of the Late Chief F.J.N Ugbah’s family of Ogwashi-Uku, Delta State – Mama Gold Adaeke Ugbah. Aged 86 years. Funeral arrangements will be announced later.
- b) We share in the pains of the entire Igbayabe family on the home call to glory of the Matrach Bose Igbayabe Aged: 92 years. Details of the burial arrangements are as follow: Christian Wake Service on Thursday, 4th October, 2018 at the Chapel extension by 5.00pm; Burial Service on Friday, 5th October, 2018 at Our Saviour’s Church, TBS. Time: 10.00am.
- OUR PARISH YOUTHS: Some of our youths’ academic qualifications are listed below for assistance on job opportunities.
REQUEST FOR EMPLOYMENT/INDUSTRIAL ATTACHMENT:
S/No. Qualification/Discipline M/F Age Experience
1. B.Sc. in Botany M 29
2. M.Sc. Energy Future (Oil & Gas) M 34 6 years
3. B.Sc. (Hons) Marketing F 35 9 years
4. B.Sc. Agric Economics M 26 NYSC
5. B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering M 25 A year
6. HND Est. Management M 5 years
7. B.Sc. Mass Communication F 24 2 years
8. B.Sc. Biochemistry, M.Sc Food Bioscience M 2 years
9. B.Sc. Banking & Finance F 21 A year
10. B.Sc. Mathematics M 24 NYSC
11. B.Sc (Hons) Economics
12. B.Sc. (Hons) Business Admin. F 33 A year
13. B.Sc. Physics and Industrial Physics 25
14. B.Sc Agribusiness and Management 23
15. B. Eng. Chemical Engineering M 31 3 years
NOTE OUR PRIESTS’ TELEPHONE NUMBERS FOR PRAYERS, COUNSELLING AND INFORMATION:
The Vicar – The Ven Julius Oyetunde Oyediran – 08034093493, 08128217774, 08075790434;
Curates – The Ven. Obinna Ulogwara – 07033776700
The Ven. Tunde Oduwole – 08023218891
The Ven. Dr. Festus Oluwole A. Ajayi – 08023677896, 08075790572;
The Ven. Folorunso OreOluwa Agbelusi – 08035734830, 0807 5790516;
The Revd Canon Taiwo Awosika – 08030833588, 08150965090;
The Revd Charles Ezeh – 08034862599; 08080021449
The Revd. Silas Okoh – 08035264332