GREETINGS AND FELICITATION
1a. All glory, honour and praises to God for His faithfulness and goodness that have hitherto preserved all of us. We welcome all our parishioners and other worshippers at this service. God will surround all of us with His presence and favour, and also steadily and with Divine speed fulfill His purposes in our lives and families in Jesus name.
- We welcome all those who are worshipping with us for the first time into our midst and pray that God will orchestrate new and unimaginable miracles in their lives and families. We appeal that they should kindly wait briefly after the service to interact with the “WELCOME TEAM.” They are to exit the church through the door on the lectern side of the church.
- We congratulate and felicitate with all those who celebrate their birthdays, wedding anniversaries, and other landmark events this week. God will continue to protect and guide them. He will also sustain their joy and continue to be mindful of them and their desires and aspirations in Jesus name.
- OUR WEEK AT A GLANCE:
(a) Daily Holy Communion @ 7.15 a.m. (Mondays-Fridays)
(b) Choir Practice – 6.00 p.m. on Tuesdays & Thursdays
(c) Mid-Week Holy Communion @ 7.15 a.m on Wednesdays
(d) Mid-Week Prayer Meeting (Divine Intervention) @ 6.00p.m. on Wednesdays
(e) Women’s Guild Bible Study/Meeting @ 4.00 p.m. on Wednesdays
(f) Bible Study @ 3.00 p.m. & 6.00 p.m. on Fridays.
(g) Overcomers’ Hour @ 6.30 a.m. (1st Day of every month)
(h) Divine Encounter (monthly vigil) to start @ 10.00 p.m. (Last Friday)
(i) Bible School @ 9.00 a.m. – 11 a.m every Saturday from February 7, 2018.
(j) Men’s Christian Fellowship @ 10.00 a.m. on the 3rd Saturday of every month.
All those who are concerned should please endeavour to attend punctually.
- MONTHLY BAPTISM: Our baptism holds every first Saturday of the month. Please plan to key into this, as your preferred date could clash with other programmes and can lead to rejection of your date.
- 2018 FAMILY HARVEST/THANKSGIVING:- Please note that our Year 2018 Family Harvest/Thanksgiving is still continue and the following families should note their dates and respond positively.
God expects each family to appear before Him at least once a year for thanksgiving and re-dedication. As families, it is important to give thanks in appreciation of His faithfulness and goodness to us and to also rededicate and recommit all members of our families to Him for safe-keeping, provision, defence, sustenance, preservation, good health, victory and joy.
The following families should please note the dates of their thanksgiving
7th October, 2018 Mgbemenas, Mogors, Mokas, Mudashirus, Mumuneys, Nginis, Nicols, Njokus, Nkwojis, Nmadus, Nmezis, Nnamdi-Ogbines, Nnamdi-Umehs, Nwabasilis, Nwabunikes, Nwachukwus, Nwaekwus, Nwagbaras, Nwagbosos, Nwakalors, Nwakwesis, Nwakwesis, Nwamemes.
14th October, 2018 Nwandos, Nwankwos, Nwekes, Nwghodohs, Nwigwes, Nwokedi-Uchennas, Nwokos, Nwokolos, Nworahs, Nwosas, Nwoyes, Nzekwesis, Nzimakos, Obajimis, Oba-Nicols, Obayiuwanas, Obis, Obianwus, Obianyors, Obidikes, Obieris, Obikilis, Obikpos, Obiokoyes, Obiorahs, Obodowurus.
21st October, 2018 Obus, Odebeatus, Odekas, Odelolas, Odemelamis, Odetundes, Odias, Odimukos, Odinas, Odos, Odubayos, Odubelas, Odukoyas, Odunwas, Odusotes, Oduwoles, Ofoches, Ofonagoros, Ofulues, Ogbajis, Ogbemis, Ogbines, Ogbonas, Ogbonnas, Ogbudikes, Ogbues .
INFORMATION FROM THE DIOCESE:
- DIOCESAN HEALING & CHRISTMATIC SERVICE: The diocesan healing and Christmatic Service holds every first sunday of the month at The Cathedral Church of Christ, Marina, Lagos by 4.00pm. Another edition holds next week Sunday, 7th October, 2018.
- POWER FOR THE MONTH: In line with the Diocesan directive, the parish is starting a one hour daily intensive prayers on the first 3 days of every month at 6.00pm.
- NOTIFICATION OF EPISCOPAL VISITS TO CHURCHES & OFFICIAL PRESENTATION OF THE BANNER FOR THE CENTENARY OF THE DIOCESE OF LAGOS: Please note that our Diocesan, The Rt. Rev’d Dr. Humphrey Bamisebi Olumakiye has slated Wednesday, 17th October, 2018 at 2.00p.m for the Episcopal visits to churches in the Diocese of Lagos including our Parish, and also present the Centenary Banner of the Diocese. All members should please, endeavour to attend promptly.
- DIOCESAN CITY-WIDE CRUSADE:- Members of the congregation are invited to the next City-Wide Crusade of the Diocese of Lagos slated for 21st – 23rd November, 2018 at Tafawa Balewa Square Complex. Please note the dates down and attend.
- FESTIVAL OF HYMNS: Diocesan Festival of hymns will hold in this church on Sunday, 18th November, 2018 at 4.00 p.m. It will feature the Joint Choir of the Diocese of Lagos.
- ADMISSION INTO AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY (ACU), OYO: Admission forms into Ajayi Crowther University (ACU), Oyo are now available for sale in the Vicar’s office at N6,000 per form Account Number: 9202409902
Bank Name: Stanbic IBTC Plc, Account Name: Ajayi Crowther University. Please check the website of the school for more info: https://admission.acu.edu.ng.
WOMEN’S & GIRLS’ ORGANIZATIONS:
- PRAYER FOR THE NATION: Date: Monday, 1st October, 2018
Time: 5 p.m. Venue: Chapel. All women should please attend so as to offer special prayers for our nation.
- DIOCESAN WOMEN’S QUIET DAY: Date: Saturday, 6th October, 2018 Venue: Faith Plaza, Bariga. Time: 10.00 a.m. The church bus will depart the church premises by 9.00 a.m. All women are cordially invited to this programme.
- MOTHER’S UNION PROGRAMME: Date: Tuesday, 2nd
October, 2018. Topic: “Angry Christian women – dealing with the
origin of anger and it’s consequences” Time: 4.00 p.m. by Mrs Uzor
Sibeudu. Please come and you will be richly blessed.
- WOMEN’S GUILD MEETING/Prayer Meeting: Date: Wednesday, 3rd October, 2018. Time: 4.00 p.m. Topic: “Arise and Shine” (Isaiah 60: 1) by Mrs. Ibi Agbelusi. Please come and you will be richly blessed.
- WOMEN OF GRACE MEETING: Next Sunday, 7th October, 2018. Topic: “In Christ Alone, My Hope Is Found” Text: 1 Peter 1: 3, 13; John 8: 12 Venue: Chapel Extension by Mrs. Ngozi Arinze, immediately after the service.
- PARISH CHARITY DAY: Comes up on Saturday, 13th October, 2018 by the grace of God. We want to thank our members who have responded positively and appeal for more donations in cash and kind.
- A DAY CONFERENCE: There will be a day conference of all women on Friday, 16th November, 2018 by 8.00am at Faith Plaza. All women should be in their uniform White on Blue or green. Please come and and you will be richly blessed.
- 2018 ANNUAL DUES: All women are reminded of the payment of Mothers’ Union & Women’s Guild annual dues of N2,000= each. Kindly see the Vicar’s wife or any of the Curates wives for the payment.
- WIDOWS’ WELFARE FUND: Kindly donate towards the Fund established to assist the widows of this church and God would visit you and all yours.
OTHER INFORMATION FROM OUR PARISH
- CONFIRMATION CLASSES FOR YEAR 2018 after the 11am service today, at the main church. The Confirmation Service has been fixed for Sunday, 21st October, 2018 at 9.00 a.m. Joint Service. Registered candidates should please attend the class immediately after the 9 a.m. Joint Service today.
- OSC BIBLE SCHOOL (SECOND TERM – STEWARDSHIP STAGE):- All our registered Bible School students are hereby inform that the Stewardship stage will run through the month of October, that is, every Saturday in October from 9.00 a.m. to Noon. Please come with your Study Guide, writing materials etc.
- OUR SUNDAY SCHOOL CHILDREN: We appeal to all Children Sunday School Teachers to be more vigilant because of the information that kidnappers, abductors and other miscreants now attend church services especially at Sunday School and disguise as worshippers with the sole purpose of stealing children. They should be kept in the chapel and their classrooms and must not be left unattended to for any reason. We appreciate all our teachers.
- OVERCOMERS’ HOUR: Our Overcomers’ Hour has now been reverted to 1st Day of every month at 6.30am. It is crucial to start every month with prayers.
- CLERGY VACATION – 2018: Please note our clergy vacation for the year 2018 as follows:
The Ven. Julius O. Oyediran – August 16 – Sept. 5 & Oct. 16 – Nov. 15
The Ven. Tunde Oduwole – August 1 – September 15
The Ven. Dr. Festus Ajayi – Sept. 13 -23 & Oct. 1 -31
The Ven. Folorunso O. Agbelusi – Aug. 13 – September 23
The Revd. Canon Taiwo Awosika – July 16-31/Oct. 18-31
The Revd Charles A. Ezeh – July 2 – July 31
The Revd Silas Okoh – August 1 – 28
- OUR 2018 HARVESTS’ DATES:
- Harvest Launch / Rogation Sunday – 6th May, 2018
- Women’s Harvest – 10th June, 2018
- Professionals’ Harvest – 22nd July, 2018
- Children & Young People’s Harvest – 9th September, 2018
- Adults’ Harvest – 14th October, 2018
- Gleaner’s Harvest
- THE PARISH CHURCH COUNCIL MEETING:– The PCC members would meet on Thursday, 4th October, 2018 at 5.00 p.m. at the Church Hall for the statutory meeting. Members should please collect the hard copies of the last minutes in the Administrative Office today or within the week.
- THE CHURCH APPEALS to all those who are gifted in singing, drumming and/or playing any instruments of music and are not members of the Choir and Band to please register with Rev. Charles Ezeh. The Lord needs you to start to use your musical gifts to honour, worship and glorify Him. God will bless you for doing this in Jesus name.
- MEETING OF THE VICAR & OTHER CLERGY WITH ALL SERVICE GROUPS, MINISTRIES AND FELLOWSHIPS OF THE CHURCH TODAY SUNDAY, 30THSEPTEMBER, 2018 AFTER THE COMBINED HEALING AND TESTIMONY SERVICE: The Vicar will have a short meeting with all the above mentioned groups today after the combined service today in the main church. We sincerely appeal that all members of those groups should kindly wait behind for the meeting and there will be refreshment afterwards by God’s grace.
- INVESTMENT COMMITTEE MEETING: Members of the Investment Committee would meet on Wednesday, 3rd October, 2018 at Noon; and at the usual venue. All members are requested to attend promptly. Very important matters will be discussed.
- THE CHILDREN REHABILITATION MINISTRY (CRM) would
appreciate and hereby call on members of our church to assist and look
around their neighbourhood for homeless children. Should be between the ages of 4-15years. Kindly direct them to members for follow up and
assessment. Please don’t delay. God is waiting to change the lives of
- LAGOS CITY CHORALE Celebrates 30th Anniversary Concert and Performing “DETTINGEN TE DEUM” by G.F. Handel at Our Saviour’s Church, TBS main church auditorium today Sunday, 30th September, 2018 at 5.00p.m. All parishioners and other worshippers are cordially invited.
- APPRECIATION FROM THE FAMILY OF CHIEF JOSEPH OLADELE SANUSI: We the family of Chief Joseph O. Sanusi wish to express our sincere gratitude to the Vicar and his wife, all the Curates and their wives, the Choir members, Guild of Stewards, the Praise Band, all church workers and the entire members of the congregation of this church, for the over whelming support which you all gave us on 24th September, 2018, when we celebrated the 80th birthday of our dear husband, father, grandfather and uncle. We pray that God will continue to give us all more of happy celebrations.
- THE BUSINESS FELLOWSHIP OF OUR SAVIOUR’S CHURCH, TBS cordially invites members of the Church to it’s 19th Anniversary breakfast Fellowship, Exhibition, Launching of N10Million Empowerment Fund and Business Seminar Chairman & Chief Launcher: Engr. & Mrs. Moses Kragha, Sponsor: Lady Uche Obi -MD/CEO, Couriermasters, International Ltd. Date: Saturday, 6th October, 2018, Time: 9.00am, Venue: Church Hall.
- Launching of N10million Empowerment Fund.
- Prophetic Declaration on your business.
- Words of Exhortation : Theme- Do we merit His grace, faithfulness and love over us/Testimony by Senator Ike Nwachukwu
- Business seminar: Theme: How to start and run your business successfully, Speaker: Mrs Toki Mabogunje, Principal
Consultant, Toki Mabogunje & Co Ltd.
- Free Eye Check by Metro Eyes, Keffi, Lagos
- Free Health Check by The Church Clinic, Our Saviour’s Church, TBS
- Sharing of Business Experience by the Exhibitors
- Music Ministration.
- Exhibition & Market Fair
We cordially invite member-entrepreneurs to come and showcase their products in the hall and outside the hall at affordable rates of N15,000- Stage, N10,000 – Floor, N5,000 – Outside. Please pay to the Church account before 30th September, 2018.
Join us to say no to poverty every first Monday of the month in the chapel for fellowship at 6 -8pm apart from public holidays.
- DONATIONS TO THE CHURCH MADE EASY: To facilitate paying our Tithes, Offerings and other donations, the following have been put in place:
(a) DIRECT PAYMENT can be made by NEFT, etc into Zenith Bank Acct. No: 1012760579 with sort code No: 057150107. Please specify the purpose such as Tithes, Harvest pledges, Celebrating God’s goodness, Mission Seed, Clergy Pension, etc.
(b) Payments can also be made in the UK to Union Bank UK Plc, Our Saviour’s Church, TBS, Lagos Account No: 016298-BPCCARES-OO;IBAN-GB10UBUK 23579701629800.
- Banns of Marriage: We announce the Banns of marriage between: a.) Samuel Kelechi Anyamele & Stephanie
Ugonna Onwunali for the third time.
b.) Oloruntimilehin Orepitan & Oladipo Obakayode
Eso for the first time. Any impediment should please be forwarded to the Vicar.
- FUNERAL ANNOUNCEMENT:
We share in the pains of the followings:
(a) Mrs. Maysie Delvera Dankaro, the children, in-laws,
members of the Elders’ Fellowship on the call to glory of Mr. David Dankaro on Friday, 21st September, 2018. Aged: 95 Years. Burial arrangement are as follows: Thursday, 18th October, 2018 – Service of Songs. Friday, 19th October, 2018 – Funeral Service at Our Saviour’s Church, TBS, Lagos at 10.00 a.m.
(b) Mr Nnamdi & Mrs. Esther Ogbue on the call to glory of their Father -in-law and father respectively, Late Prof. Akpanoluo Ikpong Ikpong Ette. Aged: 89 years. Funeral arrangements to be announced later.
(c) Dr. Phil and Mrs. Lizzie Ofulue on the call to glory of their mother-in-law and mother respectively, and Matriarch of the Late Chief F.J.N Ugbah’s family of Ogwashi-Uku, Delta State Mama Gold Adaeke Ugbah. Aged: 86 years. Funeral
arrangements to be announced later.
(d) Burial arrangements for Mrs. Bose Igbayabe are as follow: Christian Wake Service on Thursday, 4th October, 2018 at the Chapel extension by 5.00pm; Burial Service on Friday, 5th October, 2018 at Our Saviour’s Church, TBS. Time: 10.00 am.