Prov. 15:1-2, 7
What a vast storehouse of practical wisdom is found in the Scriptures. We need to apply these valuable rules to our own hearts and lives. In this portion of Scripture, we find out how to properly use the tongue. Let’s consider several different aspects of ‘THE TONGUE? that we find here in our text.
- THE TONGUE OF LOVE
A soft answer turneth away wrath…’(v. 1a).
– The tongue of love is not easily provoked. I Cor. 13:5.
- The proper use of the tongue is the key to keeping the peace.
- We can keep the peace by using soft words. v. 1.
- We are to follow the example of our Lord. (I Pet. 2:21-23).
- We are to speak soft and healing words. (Jas. 3:17-18).