GREETINGS AND FELICITATION
- We most heartily and sincerely welcome into our midst today, the Diocesan Bishop of Lagos and his amiable consort, The Rt. Rev’d Dr. Humphrey Bamisebi & Prof. (Mrs) Motunrayo Olumakaiye. We appreciate their episcopal visit and also appreciate them for confirming their children. God Almighty will continue to daily increase His anointing in their lives and their episcopal ministry in this diocese and beyond will be successful in Jesus name.
2a. We congratulate all those who have just been confirmed, their parents and other members of their families on this all important occasion and pray that they will continue to be filled with the Holy Spirit and God will empower them to fulfill their destinies in Jesus name.
- All glory, honour and praises to God for His faithfulness and goodness that have hitherto preserved all of us. We welcome all our parishioners and other worshippers at this service. God will surround all of us with His presence and favour, and also steadily and with Divine speed fulfill His
purposes in our lives and families in Jesus name.
- We welcome all those who are worshipping with us for the first time into our midst and pray that God will orchestrate new and unimaginable miracles in their lives and families. We appeal that they should kindly wait briefly after the service to interact with the “WELCOME TEAM.” They are to exit the church through the door on the lectern side of the church.
- We congratulate and felicitate with all those who celebrate their birthdays, wedding anniversaries, and other landmark events this week. God will continue to protect and guide them. He will also sustain their joy and continue to be mindful of them and their desires and aspirations in Jesus name.
- YEAR 2018 ADULT HARVEST:– Next Sunday is our Adult Harvest Thanksgiving Service at the 9.00 am Joint Service. The Love Feast venue is at Lagos City Hall due to the preparation for Lagos International Trade Fair at the Cricket Pitch. Also pray for the Chairman of the Harvest, Barr. (Sir) & Lady Paul Obi; and Parents of the Day, Ambassador & Mrs. O. Ani and their families.
- OUR WEEK AT A GLANCE:
(a) Daily Holy Communion @ 7.15 a.m. (Mondays-Fridays)
(b) Choir Practice – 6.00 p.m. on Tuesdays & Thursdays
(c) Mid-Week Holy Communion @ 7.15 a.m on Wednesdays
(d) Mid-Week Prayer Meeting (Divine Intervention) @ 6.00p.m. on Wednesdays
(e) Women’s Guild Bible Study/Meeting @ 4.00 p.m. on Wednesdays
(f) Bible Study @ 3.00 p.m. & 6.00 p.m. on Fridays.
(g) Overcomers’ Hour @ 6.30 a.m. (1st Day of every month)
(h) Divine Encounter (monthly vigil) to start @ 10.00 p.m. (Last Friday)
(i) Bible School @ 9.00 a.m. – 11 a.m every Saturday from February 17, 2018.
(j) Men’s Christian Fellowship @ 10.00 a.m. on the 3rd Saturday of every month.
All those who are concerned should please endeavour to attend punctually.
- MONTHLY BAPTISM: Our baptism holds every first Saturday of the month. Please plan to key into this, as your preferred date could clash with other programmes and can lead to rejection of your date.
- 2018 FAMILY HARVEST/THANKSGIVING: Please note that our Year 2018 Family Harvest/Thanksgiving still continues and the following families should please note their dates and respond appropriately. God expects each family to appear before Him at least once a year for thanksgiving and re-dedication. As families, it is important to give thanks in appreciation of His faithfulness and goodness to us and to also rededicate and recommit all members of our families to Him for safe-keeping, provision, defence, sustenance, preservation, good health, victory and joy.
The following families should please note the dates of their thanksgiving 28th October, 2018 Ogbunamiris, Ogbuzes, Oghenekaros, Ogheneorueses, Ogohs, Oguchis, Oguhs, Ogunaikes, Ogunbekuns, Ogunkuas, Ogunleyes, Ogunsulires, Ohens, Ojis, Ojos, Okafors, Okagbues, Okakors, Okangs, Okekes, Okerekes, Okerindes Okewolas, Okins, Okobarahs.
4th November, 2018 Okohs, Okolis, Okolos, Okonkwos, Okories, Okoros, Okoro-Onovughes, Okoties, Okoyas, Okoka-Thomas, Okoyes, Okpalanedus, Okujagus, Okwys, Oladaiyes, Oladipos, Olaiyas, Olanipekuns, Olaomos, Olashores, Olowus, Olufemis, Olumides, Olunaikes, Olusanyas, Olutoyes, Oluwakoyas, Omofuwas.
11th November, 2018 Omoijiades, Omolabis, Omorus, Omotalades, Omus, Onabades, Onajides, Onakoyas, Onianwas, Onitiris, Onubogus,Onugas, Onumodus, Onuohas, Onwubalilis, Onwubuyas, Onwuegbunas, Onwukas, Onwuka-Uzoagus, Onwunalis, Onwurahs, Onyeagulus, Onyechis, Onyedibes, Onyegbulas, Onyekweres, Onyenzes, Onyimasus.
INFORMATION FROM THE DIOCESE:
- DIOCESAN HEALING & CHARISTMATIC SERVICE: The diocesan healing and Charistmatic Service holds every first sunday of the month at The Cathedral Church of Christ, Marina, Lagos by 4.00pm.
- POWER FOR THE MONTH: In line with the Diocesan directive, the parish is starting a one hour daily intensive prayers on the first 3 days of every month at 6.00pm.
- DIOCESAN CITY-WIDE CRUSADE:- Members of the congregation are invited to the next City-Wide Crusade of the Diocese of Lagos slated for 21st – 23rd November, 2018 at Tafawa Balewa Square Complex. Please note the dates down and attend.
- FESTIVAL OF HYMNS: Diocesan Festival of hymns will hold in this church on Sunday, 18th November, 2018 at 4.00 p.m. It will feature the Joint Choir of the Diocese of Lagos.
- ADMISSION INTO AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY (ACU), OYO: Admission forms into Ajayi Crowther University (ACU), Oyo are now available for sale in the Vicar’s office at N6,000 per form Account Number: 9202409902. Bank Name: Stanbic IBTC Plc, Account Name: Ajayi Crowther University. Please check the website of the school for more info:https://admission.acu.edu.ng.
- ANOINTING SERVICE AT THE CATHEDRAL CHURCH OF CHRIST, MARINA on the first day of every month at 5.30 a.m. – 6.45 a.m. All are invited to join the Diocesan at this monthly service.
WOMEN’S & GIRLS’ ORGANIZATIONS:
- WOMEN’S GUILD MEETING/CONTEMPORARY ISSUE: Date: Wednesday, 24th October, 2018. Topic: “Coping with challenged children” Time: 4.00 p.m. by Mrs. Adejoke Faleye Please come and you will be richly blessed.
- GIRLS & LADIES’ GUILD ARCHDEACONRY ANNIVERSARY: Date: Saturday, 27th October, 2018. Topic: “Virtue Day Celebration/The Fruitful Vine” (John 15: 1), Time: 10.00 a.m. Venue: Our Saviour’s Church, TBS, Lagos, Coordinator: Mrs. Oyeyemi Ajayi; Sunday, 28th October, 2018 – Anniversary Thanksgiving during the 9.00am Combined Service.
- BUSINESS & PROFESSIONAL WOMEN’S BREAKFAST FELLOWSHIP: The Diocesan Business & Professional Women’s Breakfast Fellowship comes up on Saturday, 4th November, 2018 at the Church of Nativity, Parkview Estate, Ikoyi. Time: 8.00 a.m. You are all invited and as you come, the Lord will richly bless you.
- A DAY CONFERENCE: There will be a day conference of all women on Friday, 16th November, 2018 by 8.00am at Faith Plaza. All women should be in their uniform – White on Blue or Green. Please come and and you will be richly blessed.
- 2018 ANNUAL DUES: All women are reminded of the payment of Mothers’ Union & Women’s Guild annual dues of N2,000= each. Kindly see the Vicar’s wife or any of the Curates wives for the payment.
- WIDOWS’ WELFARE FUND: Kindly donate towards the Fund established to assist the widows of this church and God would visit you and all yours.
OTHER INFORMATION FROM OUR PARISH
- OSC BIBLE SCHOOL (SECOND TERM – STEWARDSHIP STAGE):- All our registered Bible School students are hereby inform that the Stewardship stage will run through the month of October, that is, every Saturday in October from 9.00 a.m. to Noon. Please come with your Study Guide, writing materials etc.
- CLERGY VACATION – 2018: Please note our clergy vacation for the year 2018 as follows:
The Ven. Dr. Julius O. Oyediran – August 16 – Sept. 5 & Oct. 30 – Nov. 30
The Ven. Tunde Oduwole – August 1 – September 15
The Ven. Dr. Festus Ajayi – Sept. 13 -23 & Oct. 1 -31
The Ven. Folorunso O. Agbelusi – Aug. 13 – September 23
The Revd. Canon Taiwo Awosika – July 16-31/Oct. 18-31
The Revd Charles A. Ezeh – July 2 – July 31
The Revd Silas Okoh – August 1 – 28
- OUR 2018 HARVESTS’ DATES:
- Harvest Launch / Rogation Sunday – 6th May, 2018
- Women’s Harvest – 10th June, 2018
- Professionals’ Harvest – 22nd July, 2018
- Children & Young People’s Harvest – 9th September, 2018
- Adults’ Harvest – 28th October, 2018
- Gleaner’s Harvest
- PARISH COUNCIL MEETING:- PCC members meets on Thursday, 25th October, 2018 at 5.00p.m, in the Church Hall. Members should please note and attend promptly.
- THE COUNSELLING MINISTRY OF OUR SAVIOUR’S CHURCH TBS, LAGOS invites you to a 2-day Seminar for the entire body of Christ. Date: Saturday, 8th December, 2018 at 10.00am in Our Saviour’s Church Hall; Sunday, 9th December, 2018 during the 9.00 am Joint Service with Thanksgiving. Theme: “Fundamental Marrital Issues” Resource Persons: “Powerful and Anointed Inspirational Speakers. Please keep these dates in mind and invite others from outside this church.
- 6. THE CHILDREN REHABILITATION MINISTRY (CRM) would appreciate and hereby call on members of our church to assist and look around their neighbourhood for homeless children. Should be between the ages of 4-15years.
Kindly direct them to members for follow up and assessment. Please don’t delay. God is waiting to change the lives of these children.
- LAGOS DIOCESAN HEALTH WEEK 2018 – ‘ST LUKE’S THE EVANGELIST CELEBRATION: APPRECIATION:- On behalf of our Diocesan, the Lagos Diocesan Medical Commission expresses sincere appreciation to those who participated in one way or the other towards the sucess recorded at this Year’s Health Week. May God be with you all. The Lagos Diocesan Medical Commission thanksgiving is at the Cathedral Church of Christ, Marina – today at 11.00 a.m.
- ELDERS FELLOWSHIP NOTICES:-
- a) Annual Parish Thanksgiving comes up on 11th November, 2018 during the 8.00 am service. Uniform will be the latest one.
- b) 2018 World Elders’ Day Celebration comes up on Saturday, 27th October, 2018. Venue: Clam Event Centre, Ikeja, Lagos.
- 29TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION OF THE HOSPITAL VISITING MINISTRY/CHURCH CLINIC: As part of the Hospital Visiting Ministry/Church Clinic 29th Anniversary celebration, a visit to Spinal Chord Injury victims would be made on Saturday, 27th October, 2018 with gifts at 10.00 a.m; and Sunday, 28th October, 2018 – the Anniversary Thanksgiving would hold during the 9 a.m. Combined Service. Colour: White/Purple
- DONATIONS TO THE CHURCH MADE EASY: To facilitate paying our Tithes, Offerings and other donations, the following have been put in place:
(a) DIRECT PAYMENT can be made by NEFT, etc into Zenith Bank Acct. No: 1012760579 with sort code No: 057150107. Please specify the purpose such as Tithes, Harvest pledges, Celebrating God’s goodness, Mission Seed, Clergy Pension, etc.
(b) Payments can also be made in the UK to Union Bank UK Plc,Our Saviour’s Church, TBS, Lagos Account No: 016298- BPCCARES-OO; IBAN-GB10UBUK 23579701629800.
- BANNS OF MARRIAGE: We announce the Banns of
marriage between Oluyemisi Julia Petgrave & Adeolu Adebari, for the second time. Any impediment should please be forwarded to the Vicar.
- APPRECIATION: The entire families of Daniel-Igbayabe and Aifegha express profound gratitude and appreciation to the Vicar and his wife, the Curates and their wives, Choir members, Elder’s Fellowship, Women of Grace, Women’s & Girls’ Organization and other members of the church for your kind gesture, financial support, gifts and prayers, which have been a ray of light to us at the time of the preparation for the burial. We pray that the Almighty God will bless you all abundantly, in Jesus name. Amen.
- FUNERAL ANNOUNCEMENT:
(a) We share in the pains of the Ayida’s family and the church on the Call to Glory of Mr. Allison Akene Ayida, on Thursday, 11th October, 2018. Aged: 88 years. Funeral arrangement are as follows: Thursday, 8th November, 2018 Service of Songs,
Friday, 9th November, 2018 Funeral Service at Our Saviour’s Church at 10.00 am.
(b) Funeral arrangements for Mama Gold Adaeke Ugba (mother-in-law and mother of Dr. Phil & Mrs. Lizzie Ofulue respectively) are as follows: Thursday, 8th November, 2018 – Service of Songs in the family compound, 101 Isah Road, Ogwashi-Uku, Delta State. Time: 5.00 p.m.; Friday, 9th November, 2018 – Funeral Service in the family compound as above. Time: 10 a.m Sunday, 11th November, 2018 – Outing & Thanksgiving Service at Immanuel Ang. Church, Ogwashi-Uku, Delta State. Time: 9.00 a.m.